Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

easter bunny & santa exist?

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM
  • 17 Replies
I have thought from the day dd was born i wouldnt keep it a big secret that these 2 didnt exist but everyone else of course leads her to believe they do. Not to mention, I've never gotten thehang of saying santa or the easter bunny insyrad of we or i. Lol I just dread the day i have to tell her 'yea we lied to u this whole time. They r not real. It was just us doing it all.' I remember bring so heartbroken when my mom told me the truth. Only cuz she lied to me, not b/c they weren't real. Guess i gotta go with it tho.

busy mombutterflymoms rock  Anj

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
merryvoice
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I'm torn on this one too. My daughter is only eight months so I have a little time to think about it, but I'm the same as you in that I was quite heartbroken.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Our girl's are 5 & 7and figured out last year on their own it's a crock of crap. We never made a big deal about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:36 PM
I don't feel it is a lie. I wasn't hurt when I found out. My girls were not either. I don't know anyone that was devastated finding out. I don't understand the heartbroken kids at all.
littlemoments99
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Oh, she will be fine. My mom asked me if I wanted to help her be Santa when I was in 6th grade and I still thought he existed. I knew the easter bunny wasn't real, but not Santa. I remember being shocked and being jokingly upset with my mom for telling me the truth. I was never hurt and I never thought she lied to me. I understood that it was something fun for kids. I appreciated that my mom gave me and my siblings those fun and magical memories of Santa. I look forward to seeing the amazement and happiness on my kids faces on Christmas morning when they see that Santa came. 

lilblu399
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:46 PM
My son is 5 and is aware that they are just costume characters, I do tell him to just play along if someone else thinks they are real.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:11 PM

My oldest two believed until they were 12.  My 6yr almost 7yr old still believes 100%.  I love that they were able to keep their innocence for so long. 

I was never crushed when I found out.  My oldest two weren't crushed they love now getting to help keep it alive for their younger siblings.

rbailey2414
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:59 PM
My kids still believe. 7,4, and 2! I love to see their faces from the magic of holidays :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2kids19yrsapart
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:48 AM

My oldest is 25, youngest is 6 (my only 2 kids), and Santa still comes to see both of them.  My oldest, of course, knows Santa isn't real, and I never told him the truth.  I think he just figured it out on his own, and to this day, he is still excited to see Santa gifts, almost as much as the 6 yr old.  I think it is the element of surprise, or maybe the love behind the thought.  I was not disappointed when I found out the truth (figured it out when Santa bought my roller skates at the same store my mom worked at....and left the price sticker on the box).  I just laughed it off, and I know my kids will/did too.

2kids19yrsapart
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh yes.....gotta share this.  When my son was around 4 yrs old, on Easter morning, he woke me up telling me that Santa brought him an Easter basket.  I asked him if he was sure Santa brought it, or did he mean the Easter Bunny.  He was convinced that he saw Santa come up on our front porch, come in the door, and leave his Easter basket.  It was so cute, and I still remind him to this day.  He still laughs about it.

oliver92
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:04 PM

We have boys 11, 11, and 3 and baby on way, so these will exist in our home for a very long time, the older boys one more than other knows they arent real, but with babies in the house the tradition will continue.............

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)