Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

easter bunny & santa exist?

Posted by   + Show Post
I have thought from the day dd was born i wouldnt keep it a big secret that these 2 didnt exist but everyone else of course leads her to believe they do. Not to mention, I've never gotten thehang of saying santa or the easter bunny insyrad of we or i. Lol I just dread the day i have to tell her 'yea we lied to u this whole time. They r not real. It was just us doing it all.' I remember bring so heartbroken when my mom told me the truth. Only cuz she lied to me, not b/c they weren't real. Guess i gotta go with it tho.

busy mombutterflymoms rock  Anj

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Replies (11-17):
lillucky8
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I go along with it because its fun for them and us, when they are older it wont be a yah we lied to you, itll be a we did this so you had a special and exciting time. They wont hate us or you for doing it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
artemisa3001
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:02 PM

This is too cute!

Quoting 2kids19yrsapart:

Oh yes.....gotta share this.  When my son was around 4 yrs old, on Easter morning, he woke me up telling me that Santa brought him an Easter basket.  I asked him if he was sure Santa brought it, or did he mean the Easter Bunny.  He was convinced that he saw Santa come up on our front porch, come in the door, and leave his Easter basket.  It was so cute, and I still remind him to this day.  He still laughs about it.

Bradensmommy719
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:12 PM
My grandmother lived all her life believing in Santa Claus no one says you have to tell them "oh hey we have lied to you all your life" instead tell them we do our part to help these two out since the world is so big and there are so many children. It would he the same way as explaining why there are 2 different Easter bunnies at the malls. They help out the big guy in charge since they have so much work to do.

I will never dwell on its a lie. My son is 5 and asks why and the Santa at the one store didn't look the same as the one at the zoo. They are different people but they all stand for the same thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2kids19yrsapart
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Thank you.  I forgot to add that my son is now 25 yrs old.  LOL

Quoting artemisa3001:

This is too cute!

Quoting 2kids19yrsapart:

Oh yes.....gotta share this.  When my son was around 4 yrs old, on Easter morning, he woke me up telling me that Santa brought him an Easter basket.  I asked him if he was sure Santa brought it, or did he mean the Easter Bunny.  He was convinced that he saw Santa come up on our front porch, come in the door, and leave his Easter basket.  It was so cute, and I still remind him to this day.  He still laughs about it.

the3Rs
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:37 PM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't feel it is a lie. I wasn't hurt when I found out. My girls were not either. I don't know anyone that was devastated finding out. I don't understand the heartbroken kids at all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:15 PM

My 9 yr old DD said to me the other day "Do you think the easter Bunny is real?" I (of course) said "what do you think?" 

She said "I seriously doubt it. But who brings all the toys and candy... mom?" 

I sat down next to her "I'm going to tell you the same thing my mommy told me when I was about your age. 'The day you stop believing the Easter bunny is coming, is the day that he stops coming' get it?"

"Oh... I love the Easter Bunny" *smile* she said

aneela
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:15 AM

my son is 6 and i have taught/told him they are not real...he knows where all his gifts come from

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)