Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do You Ever...

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:54 PM
  • 9 Replies

just lie for no reason?  I'm not very quick on my feet when it comes to lying and even if I actually go through the trouble of planning one out...I almost always end up telling the person I lied.  So it really surprises me when I just blurt out a random lie for absolutely NO reason.  This happens very rarely, btw, lol.  I'm not a pathological liar.

But here's an example:  I'm having a conversation with someone about what all we had to eat yesterday and for no reason, at all, I lie and say I ate a brownie, when I know I did no such thing! 

So I totally just made up that example but that's how ridiculous it sounds once it comes out of my mouth.  I'm like, where did that come from?  Then it's weird to back track and say no, I didn't, lol.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Sometimes I lie to make people feel better. Like agreeing that I do the same thing if it's a negative thing when I really don't.
Brehi
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Sometimes I answer " I don't know" when I do know and just don't feel like explaining something.

CJsMommy92
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I'm guilty of this too

Quoting Brehi:

Sometimes I answer " I don't know" when I do know and just don't feel like explaining something.

wedding tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:25 AM

No, I've always been terrible at lying.  I can't imagine just blurting one out.

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

No, lying for no reason makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

rockin2_manyMOM
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I lie on a daily basis. But I work in retail with cell phones...and it is part of the job lol

No. I dont feel like messing with your phone. No. I dont care that you have only had the phone a month and dropped it in sweet tea.

But I have to act like I care lol

fern624
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Quoting CJsMommy92:

I'm guilty of this too

Quoting Brehi:

I'm guilty too of doing this very same thing...fern

Genie2
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:08 PM

No.  I don't lie much but, when I do it is lttle white lies.  It is when I am trying not to hurt someone's feelings or making them feel better.

fern624
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Yes once in a great while i tell a little white lie...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)