Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Anyone have an awesome smoothie recipe to share?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:10 AM
  • 5 Replies

I'll start by saying that I eat breakfast maybe once every couple weeks. (Save the chat about how it's the most important meal of the day, blah blah blah) It's just not my thang! When I was younger I was lactose intolerant and i'm thinking I still am. I'm looking for a quick something in the morning that will get me up and going and that does not have dairy in it. I know like peanut butter toast, or scrambled eggs would be easy but i'm looking for a pretty healthy, QUICK alternative. I'm at a horrible, gross weight right now and I'm thinking the first step is to start eating healthier. Thanks in advance :)

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
artemisa3001
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:06 AM

My DH puts in the blender kale, sweet peppers, broccoli, assorted fruit and soy milk.

I know you don't want the lecture, but they say you jump start your system and fat burning when you have protein for breakfast, if you don't it will only beging to burn it after lunch, saving in the morning like if you were still asleep.

Good luck with your weigh loss, I should follow your example :)

MommySchropp
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:16 AM

thanks! Have you tried this smoothie before? Is it palatable? I want healthy, but I don't want EXTREME where it tastes like i'm eating a tree, haha. 

Quoting artemisa3001:

My DH puts in the blender kale, sweet peppers, broccoli, assorted fruit and soy milk.

I know you don't want the lecture, but they say you jump start your system and fat burning when you have protein for breakfast, if you don't it will only beging to burn it after lunch, saving in the morning like if you were still asleep.

Good luck with your weigh loss, I should follow your example :)

artemisa3001
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I have it without kale I can't stand that and is the only way I consume vegetables, I have food texture issues. My unusual 4.5 yo Daughter loves it, but she asks for kale pizza for dinner and eats snails for lunch at school. Lol
mamalusbear
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

smoothie with unsweetened coconut milk, blueberries, spinach, and a little bit of stevia if you want some sweetness.

storkradio193
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I make smoothies every morning with strawberries, banana, blueberries, flaxseed, and protein powder (or some other protein, like almond butter).

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)