Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

everybody is so selfish.

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:39 PM
  • 156 Replies
15 moms liked this
I am sick and tired of listening to you people judge everyone else for being different from you or believeing different things or having less than you do. In my opinion its sickening. You don't know each persons situation. I believe that the majority of people do the best that they can in trying to take care of their family by their selves. Not eveyone on government assistance is a jobless lazy leeching parent that never wanta to be able to do things on their own. Things happen. Accidents happen. Its disgusting that people don't want to help others anymore and make other people feel worthless because they need help with their family. I am not rich by any means. I live pay check to pay check and yes I do get some assistance. But I have a job. I work as much as possible. I also know what it feels like and I try to help others as much as I can. I donate money, old clothes and toys, and I volunteer as much as I can. Its a little thing called compassion. I am very greatful for the help that I recieve and I try to help out in return. You guys are pathetic for judging and stereotyping.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:09 PM
I totally agree.
goodtogiveback
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

You have a great head on your shoulders! This is a lesson that needs to be passed on. I admire and respect your courage to speak the truth. Compassion for others; who is anyone to judge? Life is a gift not to be squandered away on nonsense! Our time is so much better invested in reaching out and helping one another.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Yes, there are some mean mamas on this site....but some good, genuine ones too.  I agree with you, acts of charity are the best reward.  I try to do at least one a month.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:00 PM
3 moms liked this
Here you are judging others, pot meet keetle, LOL.
lapcounter
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Okay
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Many are lazy. Some are not. Sick of paying taxes so others can stay home. On here Mom's of several kids stay hoe and get PA. That sucks. There are all kinds. Those on PA temporary and get off it and others that is a way of life and have more kids on PA even. We give to charity and I volunteer. I thin people on PA should have to volunteer to get food stamps and money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grannie_kel
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:55 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't have a problem at all with people who are working 40 hours a week who need a little help for a short while (a year, maybe 2) until they can do better.  But, for anyone who is collecting welfare who isn't working by choice, I have a big problem with it.  A married couple where 1 works and 1 doesn't and they collect welfare, big problem with that too, no reason why both can't work...just like the rest of us that are supporting them. 

I have a question now....if you get welfare help because you can't make it on your own, how is it that you have money to donate?   If that is true, then you are one of the frauds and a drain on the system.

Jademarae24
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:35 PM
3 moms liked this
I obviously don't have a ton of money to donate but when I have a couple extra dollars or some change ill put It in the salvation army buckets or ssomething like that. I don't see anything wrong with that at all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
grannie_kel
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

To say that you are getting welfare but can afford to give money away, whether a couple dollars or more, doesn't look good for our welfare system or those on it.  I'm sure I'm not the only self reliant working person that doesn't appreciate my money being given to people because they apparently need it, only to have them give it away.  You say you work as much as possible - are you working at least 40 hours a week? 

Maybe you should be putting that couple extra dollars into a bank for your kids and teaching them how to save responsibly, it might save them from being on welfare when they are older. 

Does it make me selfish to wish I could keep a little more of the money I earn or is it you who is selfish for taking money that you obviously don't need?

Quoting Jademarae24:

I obviously don't have a ton of money to donate but when I have a couple extra dollars or some change ill put It in the salvation army buckets or ssomething like that. I don't see anything wrong with that at all.

Amybelle
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

#999.999.999.999.999 P-O-O-F!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN