Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Grocery Shopping

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:50 PM
  • 27 Replies

I think I am going to have to post this here and vent on the venting booth board :x

So DH does not want to go grocery shopping every week. We used to shop at PeaPod, but we realized how great Trader Joe's is (well, me at least). There are a few things we can stock up on for two weeks, but stuff like milk and bread will have to be bought weekly. The fact that he will have to drive to TJ's is pissing him off. He says because he drives all week to work he does not want to go out every Saturday morning and drive to buy groceries. I love the convenience of PP, but TJ's has things that I prefer to purchase there, especially due to pricing. It is only 10 mins away from us too. He was literally pissed at me this weekend because of this. I said fine, we will just stock up so we go bi-weekly and then I will take the little walk to Key Food the next week to get the milk and bread or anything else he may need/want. We also go to Costco once in a blue so that does help too.

Petty, I know. Do you shop weekly or bi-weekly? My fam always used to shop weekly so I'm just like um, ok. Nothing to get all pissy about, you know? 

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I shop once a month (nope, not on pa) because it's just more convenient for us.  Of course I have to go for milk and bread

Oregongirl40
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:26 PM

I've tried to go every 2 weeks before it just doesn't work for us. We eat way to much fresh produce and dairy. We barely make it a full week!  I don't know how anyone can do once a month shopping without the majority of their diet being processed foods. 

I get what your DH is saying about shopping every Saturday though. What a drag on your day off. Is there anyway you can change it to 1 night after or before work during the week so you don't have to spend  your day off at the store?

DeLaLi
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Maybe that can be a plan if this every two week thing doesn't work. It is just us three so I pray we can manage because I do feel a little badly for him.

Quoting Oregongirl40:

I've tried to go every 2 weeks before it just doesn't work for us. We eat way to much fresh produce and dairy. We barely make it a full week!  I don't know how anyone can do once a month shopping without the majority of their diet being processed foods. 

I get what your DH is saying about shopping every Saturday though. What a drag on your day off. Is there anyway you can change it to 1 night after or before work during the week so you don't have to spend  your day off at the store?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:32 PM
I shop every 2 or 3 days. Married 28 years and dh has been in a grocery maybe 5 or 6 times. He is terrible in the store.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeLaLi
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Wow. That sounds like a friend of mine. I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I shop every 2 or 3 days. Married 28 years and dh has been in a grocery maybe 5 or 6 times. He is terrible in the store.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:38 PM

We shop once a week, and have our groceries delivered.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:39 PM
I love going to the store every few days.

Quoting DeLaLi:

Wow. That sounds like a friend of mine. I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Threes.Company
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:39 PM
I do a monthly run to stock up on all non-perishable items that are on my menu (plan out dinners for a month) and the meat I freeze. Then I do a smaller run once a week for things like produce, milk, and bread. Our TJs is farthest away, so I only go there once a month.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gcstar42
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I usually shop weekly. There are some things that I like to keep that we just dont have room in the fridge to keep enough for 2 weeks and some things go bad quickly so I would rather buy just a little and then buy more instead of ending up throwing out things that are ruined.

DeLaLi
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM

That was my issue before...things going bad. Now they do not go bad, they go quickly, lol. I am going to try it this week and see how long everything lasts.

Quoting gcstar42:

I usually shop weekly. There are some things that I like to keep that we just dont have room in the fridge to keep enough for 2 weeks and some things go bad quickly so I would rather buy just a little and then buy more instead of ending up throwing out things that are ruined.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)