Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Grocery Shopping

Posted by   + Show Post

I think I am going to have to post this here and vent on the venting booth board :x

So DH does not want to go grocery shopping every week. We used to shop at PeaPod, but we realized how great Trader Joe's is (well, me at least). There are a few things we can stock up on for two weeks, but stuff like milk and bread will have to be bought weekly. The fact that he will have to drive to TJ's is pissing him off. He says because he drives all week to work he does not want to go out every Saturday morning and drive to buy groceries. I love the convenience of PP, but TJ's has things that I prefer to purchase there, especially due to pricing. It is only 10 mins away from us too. He was literally pissed at me this weekend because of this. I said fine, we will just stock up so we go bi-weekly and then I will take the little walk to Key Food the next week to get the milk and bread or anything else he may need/want. We also go to Costco once in a blue so that does help too.

Petty, I know. Do you shop weekly or bi-weekly? My fam always used to shop weekly so I'm just like um, ok. Nothing to get all pissy about, you know? 

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Replies (21-27):
kimber2465
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:46 PM

pretty much once a month- milk and orange juice  i have to get every four/five days

FoodIsLife
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Weekly. I plan a weeks worth of meals and shop for it... alot of that stuff won't last more than a week. I do have to make quick runs for milk/cheese/juice and such that we go through quickly sometimes. 

Is there a reason you can't go without him?

thatgirl70
by Carin on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Really shop as needed. DH is gone with his job so often that I don't need to shop for groceries often, but do need to get milk and bread at least once a week.

blueeyes2000
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:02 PM
We shop once every two weeks. We get two gallons of milk which last ujs the two weeks. Fresh produce can last for two weeks if put away the right way. I bake bread from scratch. All our meals are homemade. It works for us. Our closest grocery store is over an hour away.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:01 PM
We go once a week because the food is fresher.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
danie24
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Why does he have to go with you?

DeLaLi
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Because as previously mentioned my DH is the driver and the good store is too far for me to go alone. We are now Costco members so we are going to go monthly there and buy the smaller items biweekly. I know I will have to go to the closer store weekly, but for one or two items so I do not mind. 

Quoting danie24:

Why does he have to go with you?

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)