Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Some days I just feel so empty :/

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Idk what's wrong with me I have a good husband a wonderful daughter & yet some days I feel like I'm missing something. Like maybe I missed out on something I could have had. I've been with my DH since I was 17 & I've never really traveled anywhere or done anything besides be in a relationship & then be a mom. It's great, I wouldn't change having my daughter just maybe the time frame of course there's really no way to change time without changing everything so I guess things have to be the way they are if I want to have dd & I do. I imagine without her I would feel even more lost than I do now. I just don't know what to so to get out of this slump. Anyway it feels good just to get it all out. I think maybe its just a longing for my younger days & things being simpler.....idk. Anyway if you took the time to read this, thank you & any tips you might have would be appreciated.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:26 AM

St johns Wort helps with mild depression.  Its understandable to feel a bit depressed because you had to grow up pretty fast in order to take care of that baby, so I am sure the fun times of going out partying were limited if at all, experiencing what intimacy with another man could feel like can also get to you but sometimes the grass really isnt greener on the other side.  Try and build on what you do have--take trips as a family, schedule some girls night out to recapture some of your youth, find a babysitter so you can re-live some of your moments when you were just a couple rather than a couple of parents. 

Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Many people that do not experience the normal college and dating and have kids too young feel this way. You can't go back and change things now.
Mrsmumofboys
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:36 AM

awww it's horrid when you feel like this & sometimes being a mum/wife can be really challenging & i would say that most of us have felt they way you do somewhere down the line. You can't go back you just have to keep on smiling & enjoy your children/hubby & find new things to try out. Hope you start to feel a little bit happier soon & keep on talking it's the best thearpy (apart from shopping) xxx

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I understand how you feel.  You need to look at what you have, not what you don't.  You have a good husband and a beautiful daughter.  I have friends who will never have either and are regretful that those things didn't come to pass.  You are a special person.  You are the only one who can do the things you do. 

Try to find time to do something for you.  Take up a hobby or volunteer somewhere.  Find a play group where you can meet other moms.  Get involved in a church where there is lots going on.  Offer to trade babysitting with another mom so you can have a little me time. 

Life doesn't always turn out the way we think it should.  That is true with me.  I have had to change my thinking of what should happen.  Take a little time each day to look at the blessings in your life.  They are there.

erikadi
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I don't know your money or time situation, but maybe taking family day trips would be fun.

Rosebud333776
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Could you travel as a family? Maybe that would be a good experience especially feeling that is something you. may have missed out on?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
childofGod995
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:41 PM

you might want to get out more. get some fresh air, do some visiting with friends. go for a trip with your family. anything to get out of the house more. i try to find things to do everyday if i can.

cryzmom
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:55 PM

i feel the same way sometimes....but u can't change the past.....our past doesn't definr us, u have a history of victories, make the most of each day, u never know when it'll b the last 1......breathe & let it go Momma :)

CreamCheeze
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:35 AM

It seemed like this winter went on forever. In some parts of the country it's still happening. That and not sowing your wild oats as many of your friends probably did contribues to your funk.

But as someone else said, don't look at what you don't have, look at what you do.

cherylam
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:17 PM

have you talked to a professional about your feelings?  Sometimes they can help you find your way, and help you see things a little differantly and help you make differant life choices...you can still go back to school, forexample.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)