Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

WoW

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:16 AM
  • 5 Replies

Well not real sure who to talk to, But.... I am 33 years old and I have 9 sisters and 3 brothers and a 1/2 brother found me a couple years ago, and another 1/2 brother just found me on facebook. He wants to meet and get to know each other, Im not sure, I dont want to be mean to the kid. But he seems to have alot of problems going on in his life, Do you think it would be a good thing for us to talk and get to know each other, Or what? I always knew he was out there, But he just found out about me 2 years ago, and was told my last name was different than what it actually is. What should I do, I don't want to be mean and rude to the kid, I just really dont know. I just don't want his father to find me or know anything about me

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KristaAnne
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM

That's a tough one.  A similar thing happened to me.  I knew my half-brother until he was about 5 then I never heard from him again till he was 19 or so.  He talked to me on the phone on multiple occasions and always talked about getting together and it never happened. He always seemed to have a lot of problems so I didn't push it. I'd say go with the flow, do what feels right to you.  Maybe it would be worth it to try to get to know him.

Marimaru
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:11 PM

If you don't want his father to know, you probably don't want to talk to him much.  It's sad that might mean you don't have a relationship with him, but I'm sure you have your reasons for not wanting his father to know much about you.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Your daddy has 15 kids??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizzy12679
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:21 PM

No, it's very complicated. The guy that got my mother pregnant with me and my sister, has 5 kids ( including my sister and myself) and my dad ( he adopted me when I was young ) has 8 kids and my step-dad has 6 kids. all but all but 5 of them are from my mother. 

Lizzy12679
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:35 PM

We've talked some today, and he understands that I don't want his father to know anything about me ( like where I am and my number ) I told him that if he ask he can tell him I'm good and happy and all that, I just don't want him calling or stopping by, he said that he completely understood and gave me his word that he would not give out my information unless I give him my approval first. 

Quoting Marimaru:

If you don't want his father to know, you probably don't want to talk to him much.  It's sad that might mean you don't have a relationship with him, but I'm sure you have your reasons for not wanting his father to know much about you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)