Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I'm sick of it! Major rant!

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:20 AM
  • 39 Replies
6 moms liked this
I'm so frigin sick of religion and the freaky religious people ( I know not all religious people are the same ) telling me how sad they are for me and my kids because I'm not teaching them the "truth" about their god and the bible. I'm sorry but the bible is AWFUL! Full of violence, meanness, hate, and speaks of a god so tyrant like I can't imagine why anyone would want to believe in it. I'm sorry if that offends you but it's how I feel.
I am a good person with good morals. I don't lie, cheat, steal or hurt people. I have a brain and I don't need some god or some book to tell me not to do those things. I know I shouldn't dress slutty and be a whore. I know how to be a good wife and mother, I don't need something to tell me that because I have common sense. I don't need something to explain why bad things happen or someone to praise when good things happen. Life is life. I don't know where we came from or why we are here but we are and I'm not gonna spend my life giving credit to something or someone that I couldn't possibly know for sure is out there somewhere. It's ridiculous, to me.
Now if you want to then so be it because I think we all have the right to choose how we live but don't you dare tell me I'm wrong or feel sad for me because I don't believe in your god!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelachristine
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:24 AM
2 moms liked this

I had a friend that was like that. Kept trying to save my soul, asked me how i could still have morals if i wasn't christian etc.... I sent her this video and told her this was what my feelings were and if she couldn't drop it I couldn't be friends with her anymore. She left it alone thank goodness. 

So you ask for my opinion
Well what is there to say
To be honest and just foolish
Won't make you wanna stay
You've got to go on and get moving
I can't do that for you
Got so many plans and so much you want to do

Love is tough, time is rough
Whoaaaa on me

Well I see you've got your bible
Your delusion imagery
Well I don't need your eternity
Or your meaning to feel free
I just live because I love to
And that's enough you see
So don''t come preach about morality
That's just human sense to me

Whoaaaa on me
On me-eeee .. on me-eee ...

break

And it's one life and it's this life
And it's beautiful
(repeat)
And it's beau .. beau .. beau ... beautiful

Whoaaaa on me 

It's Cassandra Cat! 

nodramamama311
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Yeah, my MIL tried to freak out on me and quickly subsided when she finally realized that I'm a good person and treats her son like a king. Good thing she did because I can only hold my tongue for so long.

Quoting angelachristine:

I had a friend that was like that. Kept trying to save my soul, asked me how i could still have morals if i wasn't christian etc.... I sent her this video and told her this was what my feelings were and if she couldn't drop it I couldn't be friends with her anymore. She left it alone thank goodness. 

So you ask for my opinion
Well what is there to say
To be honest and just foolish
Won't make you wanna stay
You've got to go on and get moving
I can't do that for you
Got so many plans and so much you want to do

Whoaaaa on me

Well I see you've got your bible
Your delusion imagery
Well I don't need your eternity
Or your meaning to feel free
I just live because I love to
And that's enough you see
So don''t come preach about morality
That's just human sense to me

Whoaaaa on me
On me-eeee .. on me-eee ...

break

And it's one life and it's this life
And it's beautiful
(repeat)
And it's beau .. beau .. beau ... beautiful

Whoaaaa on me 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nodramamama311
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:55 AM
I also wanted to add that I NEVER once have tried to force how I feel on anyone, not even my own children. They have brains and they can choose how they feel. I encourage them to read and research, ask questions and make up their own minds. I tell them how I feel and they choose to believe otherwise then so be it. Who am I to tell them how I feel is the truth or the right way to live? As long as they are good people I don't care what religion they are, if any.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:56 AM
What do you belive makes you breath.....or how the earth started?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nodramamama311
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Well my lungs and oxygen help me breathe. How they got there or how the earth began, I have no idea and to be quite honest I don't understand how anyone can claim they do know. How could anyone possibly know for sure? Where they there when it happened?

Quoting rayroe2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Just like you blindly trust your husband...you trust god....you may have not find the bible that's right for your family.

Quoting nodramamama311:

Well my lungs and oxygen help me breathe. How they got there or how the earth began, I have no idea and to be quite honest I don't understand how anyone can claim they do know. How could anyone possibly know for sure? Where they there when it happened?

Quoting rayroe2:

nodramamama311
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:17 AM
I don't blindly trust anything. Also I'm not searching for a bible or any kid of meaning of life. I'm happy and can accept not knowing. Until I have physical hard facts, I don't believe anything.

Quoting rayroe2:

Just like you blindly trust your husband...you trust god....you may have not find the bible that's right for your family.

Quoting nodramamama311:

Quoting rayroe2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:20 AM
I was just providing you with facts....I think your scared of the death part and just don't want to know. Its okay. No one really dies life is great after life when I stand before God

Quoting nodramamama311:

I don't blindly trust anything. Also I'm not searching for a bible or any kid of meaning of life. I'm happy and can accept not knowing. Until I have physical hard facts, I don't believe anything.

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting nodramamama311:

Quoting rayroe2:

nodramamama311
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Of course I don't want to die, not because of what might be after but because I don't want to leave my kids and husband. I like living. Please forgive me for saying this because I don't mean to sound rude but your assumptions(or facts you call them ) sound very arrogant. One of the most annoying things about religious people, arrogance.

Quoting rayroe2:

I was just providing you with facts....I think your scared of the death part and just don't want to know. Its okay. No one really dies life is great after life when I stand before God

Quoting nodramamama311:

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting nodramamama311:

Quoting rayroe2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:33 AM
3 moms liked this

Are you deliberately being obtuse or are you just an idiot? 

Quoting rayroe2:

It's Cassandra Cat! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN