Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Car Inspections

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I dread them every year,  The DH handles them and gets frustrated,  We brought my car in 2 hours ago and already needs $300 worth of repairs,  it might need a wheel barring on front tire?  ( we shall see )

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Replies (11-19):
PinkButterfly66
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I forgot to get my inspection in 20011 and finally saw in August 2012 that it needed to be done -- 8 months late!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:17 PM

becareful next time, about 4 years ago a cop stopped me <tail light was out>  I was scheduled to go for an inspection that week by had to sneak out and drive to pick up my daughters insulin from the drugstore, the cop was nice but gave me a stiff warning not to go out unless it was to the mechanic!!

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I forgot to get my inspection in 20011 and finally saw in August 2012 that it needed to be done -- 8 months late!  

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Eh we don't worry about it.  Anything wrong hubby can fix for usually little money.

jessesbride
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:47 AM

We live in a state that doesn't do car inspections anymore ... & hasn't done them for years!!!! Thankful for that!!!

storkradio193
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:07 PM

I lived in VA and PA and there were inspections, but none here in WA.  I never had so many issues and just made sure to take it somewhere reputable.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

kayelynnesmommy
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:12 PM
This!

Quoting LEY1307:

They don't do car inspections here in Alabama.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thatgirl70
by Carin on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Does your state require inspections? We forgot one year, by about a week, got pulled over. They don't let people get away with much around here, LOL.

Quoting EireLass:

Yes. It's in great shape. I maintain it really well. I've had it since 2005. About 105,000 miles on it. I'll drive it for 2.5 more years, then a new one. I kept forgetting and forgetting. Now it's just funny, and sort of a dare. haha

Quoting Anonymous:

do you drive it?

Quoting EireLass:

I haven't had my car inspected since 2008. haha

thatgirl70
by Carin on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I found the worst place to get an inspection done though is Jiffy Lube, because they will always tell you something is wrong even if it isn't. Took our car in to them a couple of times, they'd tell us we'd need to buy a new part before they could pass us. We'd tell them we would get it taken care of and do the inspection again. Take it to the dealership or another inspection place, pass inspection, no parts required.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I used to go to a local mechanic and with all the born again Christian signs he had aound his establishment,  did not like they way they handled business,  example: when they test drove my car, they left empty Little Debbie wrappers in my back seat, they gave me a long laundry list of problems with my car,  took it for a second opinion  elsewhere and problems were not that elloborate.   I now go to another place and feel confident with them. 

Quoting thatgirl70:

I found the worst place to get an inspection done though is Jiffy Lube, because they will always tell you something is wrong even if it isn't. Took our car in to them a couple of times, they'd tell us we'd need to buy a new part before they could pass us. We'd tell them we would get it taken care of and do the inspection again. Take it to the dealership or another inspection place, pass inspection, no parts required.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN