Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Unusual Period?

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:00 PM
  • 7 Replies
My period in February came a week later than it should have, but when it did come it was normal except for that the first day was dark brown discharge which I never experienced before. This month (march) my period came yesterday, should have came a few days earlier. I was at work and went to the bathroom and realized that there was some light pink/brown in my underwear so I put a tampon in. 6 hours later I take it out and there's barely anything. Just some light brown and pink on the tip. After that, I didn't bleed any. I slept with a pad and when I woke up this morning there was a tiny bit of darker brown on it. So I put a tampon in. 4 and a half hours later, I take it out... and there's some light brown on it, but barely anything... I've had no tampon in for about 3 hours now, and I haven't been bleeding or having discharge. I'm not too sure what is going on! :( I had unprotected sex on Jan 31st, but if I got my period last month, I couldn't be pregnant... I have had my period for many years now, and I haven't missed a period in 2 years, and I usually go through a tampon in 3-4 hours. What is happening to me? :( Should I be worried? Thank you so so so much in advance.
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
wingsfan1234
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:06 PM

umm think I just wrote the exact same thing... seriously I've been worried/wondering about this as well and it sounds EXACTLY like what I've been going through

gabie.rodrigues
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:11 PM
that is REALLY weird...
Eve-marie
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Sometimes for some reason your period doesn't stop at once and you could still be pregnant. Wear a liner and get a blood test if the next one is weird too. Good luck.

tibby73
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I sugest going to see your doctor. Sometimes woman can bleed a little for a month or two and still be pregnant. It could also be stress of thinking you might be. To only sure way to know it to go in and see your doctor. Good luck.

newwifenmom
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:17 PM

See your M.D

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Sounds like your pregnant but if not I would call your Gyn.

HunnyBabie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:20 PM

My period was extrememly regular/predictable and "normal" until I started perimenopause.  Since then, it's been irratic (at least for me) and sometimes my period will be late and I'll have some weird spotting/brown a few days after it was supposed to start, then it will all go away completely, and then a day or two later, I start my period like normal.  It's been just, plaine weird.

Anyway, if you don't think it's perimenopause, then take a pregnancy test.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN