Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I nearly lost it today

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:08 PM
  • 9 Replies

So anyway we all decided to go to the cinema this afternoon to watch the Croods & we had a fab time. Last year my eldest son was diagnosed with cronic Tic syndrome so we are sat there & he starts making his little noises which he can't control & clearing his throat this woman infront of us just kept looking round & throwing dirty looks at us. As much as i appriciate that it can be annoying i really felt the need to either smack her face in or say to her " when you find a cure for my sons Tic please let me know " but i was a good girl & kept quiet. Why do people do this : (   angry

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Jos40
by New Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Unfortunately because we are so self absorbed sometimes that we don't think outside the box. I'm sure it never even crossed her mind that he may have some sort of illness. Just try to ignore and look at it as plain ignorance.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrsmumofboys
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Most definiantly were all trying to get to grips with it all ourselves , I don't care what people think but don't give my child a dirty look. It's amazing how powerful that mummy protective wall can be x

cherylam
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

because we currently have an overload of intolerant, insecure, mean idiots.

lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:37 PM
2 moms liked this

I think there are so many bratty children whose parents don't parent that people honestly think Oh another freakin brat. it doesn't occur that the child my have  something that causes his behavior.

Mrsmumofboys
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:42 PM

I have to say he surpressed it very well whilst we were in there but what made me laugh was that she had 3 children with her & one of them was the same age as my youngest 4 years old & her daughter was moving around all the time where as both mine were sat still & it was my 4 year old first time at a cinema !

Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Well the first reaction would be to think that he could help it and was just trying to be annoying. Unfortunately, you may have to explain to total strangers that it's something he can't control. I guess you don't have to explain anything, but I don't understand getting mad if you don't at least try to explain.

Think about it, before your son was diagnosed with this condition, what would your first thought have been?

~~Cindy

Mrsmumofboys
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I guess this is true but i didn't get mad with her only inside of myself i got mad because i'm not the type of person if someones child is mis behaving etc or has a problem i dont look down on them as i feel well it's not my place to say anything it's their child etc so i do tend to bite my lip. Then i think to myself when my son goes through his tics some good days some bad days & people stare etc why should i have to explain my sons condition as it's not their buisness. If she had looked round & was polite enough to ask my son to be quiet i would have quite willingly have told her about my sons condition & that i was sorry if it was causing her to be annoyed & the fact that there's nothing myself or my son can do about it but she didn't it was just the dirty looks that got to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:22 PM

some people just dont understand, I have a son with autism, last year at a concert event, some lady kept staring and staring, sorry but i stared right back

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Because they think he is doing it on purpose.  A better thing would have been to explain the situation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)