Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Can y'all explain this to me?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM
  • 8 Replies
I think the word " judging " or "judge" gets thrown around way too much in here. Sure we've all done but here's my question...How can someone say I am judging someone if they are being mean or rude to me and I say I'm sick of them acting like that? How is that me judging someone?? That's just me being sick of the attitude they have towards me and wishing they would stop. Doesn't that make sense?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
nurse1997
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Hi doll  dont feel bad i had a mom report me last week and had me blocked fom a site same thing she put a post up and i responded back it was  a cps question i kept catching her in lies she was upset she got nasty first and i gave it right back and than some all a sudden i  was rude because she didnt like my anwer- This is a website people  need to chill and be honest its not the end of the world if every one doesn't think the same ;] Do you doll and dont worry people judge for everything now a days !!!  

klee001
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:36 PM

if you're reacting to someone's opionion of you--I don't think that's called judging--that's called a response

if you're going to put your opinion out there, and it offends anyone else--don't get your feelings hurt when someone responds--if you're big enough to put it out there, you ought to be big enough to take what comes back at you

nodramamama311
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Oh I can take it, I just think judging is used wrongly in certain situations. I'm so sick of that word.

Now watch, someone will say I'm judging people for saying I don't like them using the word judging...lol

That's the kind of thing I'm taking about.

Quoting klee001:

if you're reacting to someone's opionion of you--I don't think that's called judging--that's called a response

if you're going to put your opinion out there, and it offends anyone else--don't get your feelings hurt when someone responds--if you're big enough to put it out there, you ought to be big enough to take what comes back at you

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I ignore anyone that throws the judge word around.
klee001
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM

yes---i think a lot of people are using the word wrong---more like hiding behind it and using it as an excuse to be a victim

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:06 PM

People judge others. Sometimes I think it is appropriate. Not everything is a choice. Some things are flat-out WRONG. Rightly judging someone and pointing it out is called decernment.

GertieK
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:10 AM

The ability to make judgements is an important thing.  we all make judgements every day all day long.  Political correctness has run amock in too many places.  Too many people walk around with a chip on their shoulder just begging for you to flip it off.  No longer are we supposed to disagree with someone.  It always amazes me that stating the obvious is now considered being judgemental, or you are a "hater", or you are discriminating, or profiling - or WHATEVER!  How are we supposed to make sound decisions about our life if we cannot make judgements - especially when seeing the bad choices people make and the results of those bad choices? 

nyxiemist
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I agree. Everyone judges people. It's how you treat the that matters. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)