Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I Really resent my own parents for favoring my nephew....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Hi,
I'm new to this forum well i signed up ages ago but havent posted yet :) anyway I just have to get this out as I'm sick of it eating at me and the stress isn't really helping at nearly 35 weeks pregnant!
Any who My and my husband have a wonderful 5 year old daughter and a set of boy/girl 2.5 yr old twins and expecting another boy at the start of may they are well behaved on the most part even though our twin daughter is quite loud as she has hearing issues and I'm soo sick of my parents telling her to shut up as she's so loud! She's got hearing loss to her it isn't loud I can't help her hear till she has her grommets put in!
my brother has a boy who is 6 months younger then my twins to his ex, his the apple of my dads eye and will call my son useless around my nephew :,( I hate it I'm over it!
My nephew is the worst behaved kid ever he is so mean to my kids rips there hair out bites them slaps them pushes them over and he never gets pulled up for it do when I pick him up and tell him no and remove him I get in the crap from my parents And my brother!! My husband is fantastic and sees it all too and defends our kids. My brother will Not ark up to my husband as his scared of him plus there great mates to and he doesn't wanna get on the wrong side of him. I love my brother and he Does listen to what I say about his kid but my parents refuse to see how they favour him they give him everything leave my kids out when there around my dad is the out most worst!! I 5 year old sees it all and even now says she hates her poppy! I have awesome in laws which is helpful as they'll be supportive with our lil new addition arrives its just sad I don't have support from my own family.
Over Easter I lost it at my parents and told them to stick there family up there a$$ they were so disrespectful to my son especially thank gave them
No time of day compared to my nephew I honestly can say I hate my parents......
Any one else cut contact with there parents as they treated there kids like crap?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EarlGrayHot
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Tough one.  Your parents sound like real jerks not to be understanding about your child's disability.  And to say such awful things in front of your child is inexcusable.  Were they this abusive when you were growing up?  Did they always favor your brother perhaps?  Have you actually sat down with one of your parents (mom, maybe?) to calmly (well try anyway!) explain why this is so hurtful to both you and your daughter?  And your brother could be standing up for you as well.

Marimaru
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I haven't had to, but I would in this case.  I just wouldn't bring my kids around to see the difference in behavior anymore at the very least.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Honestly, if anyone treated my children badly, I woudn't have them in my life. 

I'm sorry but you're better off without them. 

I know they're your parents but they aren't treating your child the way grandparents should. 

I'm very lucky to have a wonderful mother who loves all her grandkids. She treats them equally. Granted she's a lot closer to my kids than my siblings but that's because she lives with me. She loves them all the same though. 

My in laws are amazing as well. They even treat my oldest son like their own grandchild. 

CherrieFaeries
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:26 PM
I wouldn't subject my kids to that anymore, and I would calmly explain to your parents why they are refused contact until they are ready to apologize to you and your family for their behavior. Your kids will understand too if you explain that you don't want mean people in your life even if it's family.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommysangelface
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Stop allowing them around your kids.

Seriously. They are verbally and mentally abusing them and you are allowing it(not purposely)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I wouldn't allow them around my kids.

gigis1
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:40 PM

My mom is amost like this. She's an ass and I love my nephews (2 from different siblings of mine). but ugh she makes it hard for me to get along with them sometimes. They pick on dd all the time and I'm apparently expected to just let it happen. I won't have that type of shit around dd anymore. I'm getting away from her foor good after this week.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks ladies it does make me realize that I'm not over reacting to there bull sh!t. I haven't spoken to my mum since Easter Sunday and make no plans on talking to her either or my 'father' either.
It's just so Ughhh pisses me off I guess as when I had my eldest mum and I were very close but I guess that's because at that stage she was the only grandchild and it all went to crap when my brother had his kid that's when my kids started getting left out when his around! And yep my brother should be more supportive we have a great relationship but he just turns a blind eye to his sons behavior and our parents because he can't be f'd dealing with it.
My dad was away a lot when i was growing up he drove trucks interstate so wast aroun till they sold there business and I suppose that set us up to never really have that chance to bond plus his a ass hole with no emotion! My mother interfers to much and every ones business is her business and she gossips sooo much & tells the world your business I will not miss that! But she was a good mum growing up I guess my brother has made some stupid as decisions in life and I guess they baby him as he hasn't faired as well as me but I got to where I am by myself and with my husband.

I tried on the Sunday to talk to my mum about it I'm not one to shy away from confrontation with her. But she just kept saying your hormonal, making a mountain out of a mole hill and that's when I told her to stick the family up her ass and I don't want a thing to do with the both of them!

Iv felt pretty lonely too I guess this week my due date is rolling around and this is meant to be when you have your mum around supporting you and helping you get ready and excited yet I don't have that..
Thanks again for letting me vent :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Hm.  First I'd tell my parents that they have a seriously bad attitude toward my children.  Say "I want my children to know their grandparents but you're being ridiculously loving to my brother's child while telling mine they're useless.  My children don't deserve that and you don't deserve to see them if you're going to hurt them."  Or let them figure that out when you stop taking their calls or stop coming over.  Personally, I'd not take the kids to see them.  Mom and dad drop by?  Shoo them off and tell them you guys were about to leave.  Even if you have to load up and drive around the block.  Your kids deserve better treatment from their grandparents. 

Proud-mama-05
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Why do you continue to subject your children to that? I would never allow that behavior around my kids especially since you say your oldest is starting to notice. If they can not treat your children with some form or equality when your family is all together and expect better behavior from your nephew toward your children then I would not allow them to be around them till they can do so. And would limit my own exposure to them as well

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)