Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I need a good book to read! Any suggestions?!

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:35 AM
  • 19 Replies
**I have no desire to read Fifty Shades of Grey.**

I love a good book! I recently purchased a first edition, "The Lords and New Creatures", by Jim Morrison. Its a beautiful book of his poetry. Published in 1969. <3 Swoon. Anyway, I love all kinds of books, autobiographies, biographies, non-fiction, fiction, books about science, crystal healing, ect.. Don't be shy ladies all suggesions welcome! Minus Fifty Shades of Grey. *I'm not some old prude or anything, I just really do not care to read it. Lol.*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Octobersmom
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I love anything by Sophie Kinsella.  She's a comedic British author.  I also love a 3 book trilogy by Meg (Meggin) Cabot.  The Boy Next Door, Boy Meets Girl, and Every Boy's Got One.  They're very funny with some mystery, not smutty but with romance, and extremely quick reads.  They're what I'd consider to be 'beach reading'.

Octobersmom
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:40 AM
2 moms liked this

BTW Great call on 50 Shades.  LOL Why pay for smutty Twilight fanfic?

smileydawn
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I really love the English. I will definitely check her out. Thanks!
gr8d8n3mom
by Gr8d8n3mom on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Good call on 50 shades. I couldn't get past the 3rd chapter, it was boring, and the same thing over and over. Ridicules actually. A total waste of money.

How ever, I'm currently reading  "Lets Pretend this  Never Happend (a mostly true Memoir) by Jenny Lawson.

It's Hysterical! I find myself laughing out loud!. My older daughter read it first and she was doing the same thing! (one chapter is entirely about a fight she and her husband had with post it notes!) 

I highly recommend it!

planning a wedding

ReadWriteLuv
Allright 2015, you heinous bitch. Bring it on!
43 minutes ago
by Casey on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:04 PM
I just finished a super cute series by Jesse Petersen. Very light reads, the first book is called Married With Zombies. It's about a couple on their way to their final marriage counseling appointment when the zombie apocolypse happens. Funny and cute with just a touch of gore.

If you are looking for something with a little more depth I absolutely love the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning, it's fabulous.

And if you haven't read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, do not pass go, do not collect $200, go straight there with a swiftness. It's the best book I read last year, it's one of the best books I have read EVER. Sick and twisted, but beyond brilliant.
smileydawn
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:07 PM
I do love sick and twisted! C:

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I just finished a super cute series by Jesse Petersen. Very light reads, the first book is called Married With Zombies. It's about a couple on their way to their final marriage counseling appointment when the zombie apocolypse happens. Funny and cute with just a touch of gore.

If you are looking for something with a little more depth I absolutely love the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning, it's fabulous.

And if you haven't read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, do not pass go, do not collect $200, go straight there with a swiftness. It's the best book I read last year, it's one of the best books I have read EVER. Sick and twisted, but beyond brilliant.

HunnyBabie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I just finished The White Company by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.  Beautiful story with everything: knights in shining armor, fair maidens in distress, suspense... does he get the girl in the end???  Free on kindle too. :-)

jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I'm reading the Hitman's Guide to Housecleaning right now and I just read some of the Books of the Week for my book group on here (I was a little behind). I love being in a book group because we can share books and talk about what we liked and didn't like.

bigmamaisback
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:03 PM

If you like paranormal romances, try out Rubenesque Rapture.

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Sookie Stackhouse Series, anything by Jodi Piccoult, World War Z and The girl with the dragon tattoo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN