Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Partial placenta previa

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM
  • 3 Replies

Phew. What a mouth full.

I just went yesterday for my 12 week appointment. My doctor said I had this. She feels confident that it will move up to where it should be as my uterus grows and rises. I also have a retroflexed uterus, which may have not helped. 

I looked at causes, this is my 3rd child, I did smoke, and I am getting up there in age, lol! Which were all possible factors.

I've seen that most cases it's fine and no complications so I'm not too worried, yet.

Anyone dealt with this? Outcome? Lol, I tend to be one of those "well, my luck it wont move" type of people, so I guess just wondering what the odds in the real (cyber) world were! =]

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
nyxiemist
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I had it. It moved up as I got further along. I have a fibroid tumor that they were worried wouldn't allow it to move up. Thankfully it didn't cause a problem.

sarasue719
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Oh wow! Yeah, thank goodness it turned out well!

Quoting nyxiemist:

I had it. It moved up as I got further along. I have a fibroid tumor that they were worried wouldn't allow it to move up. Thankfully it didn't cause a problem.

GertieK
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I have had several clients start out with placenta previa placenta that migrated to the top quadrant prior to time for birth.  It is much more common than people realize.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)