Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pre-paid phones?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM
  • 56 Replies

hey ladies

does anybody use pre paid fones? which ones are best? i lost my contract phone yesterday and im thinkn i may suspend my line and just get a pre paid. please share any info about pre paid that u know of. thanks.

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:26 PM
2 moms liked this

I think I'm doing okay with mine. I get a 25 dollar card each month for 200 anytime minutes and 200 mb of data, plus unlimited texting. Since mine is through Kroger, I also get 20 free minutes every time I spend 100 at the store. 

2blessed2013
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:37 PM

thanks girl.

EyEmTuRtLe
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I've got Straight Talk which (based on the phone) is $45 unlimited everything before tax. Love it.
My DH has T-Mobile but he buys minute bundles $100 = 1000 minutes before tax. Uses it for travel. When he runs out he has to buy more. It's not a monthly pre-paid.
My DS has T-Mobile pre-paid $30 monthly 100 minutes/unlimited text before tax. Wishes he had more talk but likes it. If he goes over they charge the account the fees.

Ultimately my phone cost is the best deal under my roof.

2blessed2013
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:48 PM

which straight talk fone do u have? i was looking at that one. do they give u any grief if u use alot of data? i know that they advertise unlimited data, but a review said they will tell you about urself if u use too much. :)

Quoting EyEmTuRtLe:

I've got Straight Talk which (based on the phone) is $45 unlimited everything before tax. Love it.
My DH has T-Mobile but he buys minute bundles $100 = 1000 minutes before tax. Uses it for travel.
My DS has T-Mobile pre-paid $30 monthly 100 minutes/unlimited text before tax. Wishes he had more talk but likes it.

GertieK
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I use Straight Talk.  $45 for unlimited talk/text/web.  They use Verizon towers, so there is always great service.  I LOVE THEM.  Same package with Verizon would be well over $100.  I bought a phone through them.  It was $139, and is great.  I wish it had a bigger screen, and that will be my next "Upgrade". 

GertieK
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I have NEVER had a problem with using too much data.... and I use it all the time.

2blessed2013
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Thanx Gertiek!! that's really who i was lookn at. i heard sum good things about t mobile and trac. which fone do u have?

EyEmTuRtLe
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Precedentâ„¢. The only beef I have it it doesn't hold a lot of apps.

But ST now supports IPhone 4 & IPhone 5. You need to look at the modle number to tell which towers the phones run off. If the model ends with an "S" it's on Sprint towers and the ones that end with an "G" are on the Verizon towers. I'm not sure what the end code is for AT&T or T-Mobile. 

Also they are now allowing people to "Bring their phone with them" as long as the GSM works with their system. 

Quoting 2blessed2013:

which straight talk fone do u have? i was looking at that one. do they give u any grief if u use alot of data? i know that they advertise unlimited data, but a review said they will tell you about urself if u use too much. :)

Quoting EyEmTuRtLe:

My DH has T-Mobile but he buys minute bundles $100 = 1000 minutes before tax. Uses it for travel.
My DS has T-Mobile pre-paid $30 monthly 100 minutes/unlimited text before tax. Wishes he had more talk but likes it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Do you have a metropc in your area? I pay 40 dollars a month unlimited. If you have a smart phone its 55 dollars a month unlimited service. No contract.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Oh and walmart has smart talk very cheap.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)