Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help me get rid of... UPDATE

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:33 PM
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you think I should do?

Options:

wax

shave

other; what?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 8

View Results

My unwanted hair.

I'm changing my method and I'd like some advice, input, stories, etc.  Anything you've got, give it to me!!!  What's painful, what's not?  What lasts a long time, what do you have to do every single day and it's driving you insane?  Do you just leave it and go all natural?  If so, do you hide it?  Anything and everything; lay it on me!!!

So, I got Sally Hansen wax strips for body.  I used all of the wide strips on my legs (and had to finish off with a set of the narrow strips).  Then I used some of the narrow strips to do my under arms and bikini area (just so I'm not showing pubes in short shorts).  There were a few straglers, but nothing noticable.  I wore a sleeveless (sp) shirt and DH said my bikini area looked better than when I've shaved (which I have done extremely rarely b/c it's so itchy for the hair to grow back and it tears up my panties).  Anyway, none of that this time.  I'm very pleased with the results for the first time (in a really long time).
This week, I got Nair's "natural" warm sugaring "wax".  It is pretty natural, but everything has to have preservatives and such, even if microbes won't touch it with a ten-foot pole.  Anyway, it worked really well.  I liked being able to use a wet washcloth to wipe the sugar off my legs instead of the blue oil that comes with the S.H. strips.  I do like the blue oil, b/c it helps the sting, but it is oil and is therefore a bit messy, but overall not bad and def worth it.  I like the sugar for my legs.  I used the strips (b/c I'm going to use them up) for my underarms and bikini area; it was painful, but not as bad as last week.
I think I'm going to have to do my underarms and bikni area next week, but it looks like I'm going to be able to go two weeks on my legs.  Of course I'm hoping for more.
Thanks for checking this out.

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HunnyBabie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:57 PM

BUMP!

I need help, ladies!!!

kellynh
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Lol... Depends on where. My oldest dd had a Brazilian. :) me I shave!! 

HunnyBabie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:02 PM

legs, bikini (a little, just so I'm not showing pubes in short shorts), and under arms

Quoting kellynh:

Lol... Depends on where. My oldest dd had a Brazilian. :) me I shave!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I shave but I would love to get waxed.  The reason I don't is I have heard you can get STDs and other things from other people who have waxed before.  Not sure if it is true or not but I am not taking chances.   I did try to wax myself once but it hurt so much I couldn't even wax anything else.  lol

Kmakksmom
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I shave. I so will NOT wax, lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I like using Veet, especially for the hard to shave areas.  I use the sensitive formula because it smells better than the regular one.  When I use it, I don't have to apply it again for a week or more.

Also, there is one razor I really like.  The Schick Hydro Silk razor is so comfortable and effective.  I don't even need to use shaving cream with it as long as my skin is wet.  I always get a very close shave without any nicks or cuts.  I got one of these razors free through BzzAgent, so I'm not sure how much they are.  I would expect them to be a bit pricier than other razors since they are fairly new, but they're definitely worth it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:48 AM

DH and I went to Jamaica for our honeymoon, and I did not want to be worrying about pubic hair out on the beach, or in the hottub/swimming pool. I thought it was going to hurt a lot worse than it did!! The gal was very nice, and applied the wax and pulled it off in one quick motion. I've pulled off band-aids that hurt worse than getting waxed! I shaved my legs and armpits for our trip. The nice thing about getting waxed 'down there,' is the hair took 3 months to grow back! When hair is removed with wax, the follicle gets pulled out too, which makes it take way longer for the new hair to grow back in! It was TOTALLY worth it, and I would not hesitate to get waxed again for a trip where I will be spending most of my time in a swimsuit!!

mrswillie
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I shave

HunnyBabie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:21 PM

My "down there" area is where I need a new solution.  When I shave, it gets all irritated and it mangles my panties.  I thought with wax the hair would grow in softer, etc.  I have some Sally Hansen strips, I'm just working on getting up the guts to do it.  I'll keep in mind what you said about bandaids hurting worse. :-)  Thanks!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

DH and I went to Jamaica for our honeymoon, and I did not want to be worrying about pubic hair out on the beach, or in the hottub/swimming pool. I thought it was going to hurt a lot worse than it did!! The gal was very nice, and applied the wax and pulled it off in one quick motion. I've pulled off band-aids that hurt worse than getting waxed! I shaved my legs and armpits for our trip. The nice thing about getting waxed 'down there,' is the hair took 3 months to grow back! When hair is removed with wax, the follicle gets pulled out too, which makes it take way longer for the new hair to grow back in! It was TOTALLY worth it, and I would not hesitate to get waxed again for a trip where I will be spending most of my time in a swimsuit!!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Wax

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)