Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Pulled in 50 directions.

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:43 PM
  • 6 Replies
I am a full time mother to 3 kids, work part time, and also part time college student. My house is always dirty and laundry is never all the way done. Sometimes I just want to scream. How do some of the other mothers here juggle everything?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:49 PM
This same thing is making me crazy. I am a SAHM with 2 girls 4 and 2 and both are always asking for something in a different room on top of me trying to cook or do bills etc. I am also trying to find a job. I know the meaning of getting pulled. It also always seems to be I have nothing to do then all of the sudden everything happens at the same time.Im sorry I have no advice, but would like to see what others say before I go CRAZY!!! LOL
kellynh
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Xanax!! Lol...  Just kidding. Anyone who doesn't say they get frazzled and have days when nothing gets done is lying. It's called being human. Give yourself a break. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Routine helps me, and excepting that there will always be laundry, always dirty dishes and spending time with your family is way more important than a properly dusted living room. I too am in school working and have a child, it's hard, but someday school will be over and you'll have one less role to play, and who knows, maybe even the money to pay someone else to clean your house!
slw123
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I'm the same.  I've learned not to let it stress me out too much.  I can only do what I can do.  My house isn't totally dirty.  I keep the rooms that company would see clean, but stay out of my bedroom, lol.  Laundry is never done completely, it's always in stages of being done.  If it's washed and dried it isn't folded or put away.

Kmakksmom
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:44 AM
We have schedules. I don't like our house being dirty, so I make sure everything but the kids' rooms are clean. They take care of those.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:45 AM

When I was a single mom and worked full time, the way I kept up with things was by using a schedule.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)