Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just eat the f***ing chicken!

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:36 PM
  • 28 Replies
So when i was prego with my 2nd dd my pregnancy was horrible! i went through a faze where i couldnt eat chicken, like at all. i couldnt even cook it or be in the kitchen when df was cooking it. it made me sick to think about it. well that passed but i could only eat it if i didnt have to handle and cook it. its been like that for the last 2 years. i decided that i needed to get over it because im sahm and df works 40 plus hours a week. so i got some gloves and that helped, and i would keep a fan on me while i was handling it so i didnt have to smell it. well now i dont have to use the fan but still need gloves. so i made chicken for dinner tonight and was really excited because i bought a new seasoning. its shake and bake so i didnt have to touch it or smell it or anything(just used the freezer bag it was in) i put it in the over, fine, could wait. i take it out of the oven and want to throw up on it! i just want to eat the fucking chicken. Anyone else go through something like this? how do i make it stop lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
slw123
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I don't handle chicken if I can help it.  I do better with cut up chicken than a whole chicken....I don't touch a whole chicken ever.

kellynh
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:15 PM

;) start recording how much you love chicken on a personal recorder.... And play it all night. Subliminal messaging...lol!! 

kellynh
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Incidently... Think of a person who would smell raw beef and feel s nauseous pregnant.... Working as a BK manager... Well paid one at that. Beef... Nasty!! Lol!!

Quoting kellynh:

;) start recording how much you love chicken on a personal recorder.... And play it all night. Subliminal messaging...lol!! 

Group Mod

RochelleBurley
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Whole milk made me sick to my stomach!!! I had to switch to 2% milk and that was 5 yrs ago. That being said I still drink 2% milk. I haven't gotten over it.

Quoting cupcake_mom:

So when i was prego with my 2nd dd my pregnancy was horrible! i went through a faze where i couldnt eat chicken, like at all. i couldnt even cook it or be in the kitchen when df was cooking it. it made me sick to think about it. well that passed but i could only eat it if i didnt have to handle and cook it. its been like that for the last 2 years. i decided that i needed to get over it because im sahm and df works 40 plus hours a week. so i got some gloves and that helped, and i would keep a fan on me while i was handling it so i didnt have to smell it. well now i dont have to use the fan but still need gloves. so i made chicken for dinner tonight and was really excited because i bought a new seasoning. its shake and bake so i didnt have to touch it or smell it or anything(just used the freezer bag it was in) i put it in the over, fine, could wait. i take it out of the oven and want to throw up on it! i just want to eat the fucking chicken. Anyone else go through something like this? how do i make it stop lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JulesFairy
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Im no help sorry. When i was pregnant with my first 6 years ago the smell of hotdogs made me vomit. Not nauseaus actually vomit, so they were a no go food. And to this day I havent been able to pick up a hotdog. I can smell them now just fine, but I cant eat them at all.
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I started buying freshly ( like as I showed up) slaughtered pastured chickens from a local farm. They don't have that odor or slime that store chickens do. It is a much more pleasant experience working with them.
sjenkins8208
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:56 AM
I had a very bad aversion to yogurt when I was pregnant with my ds. Its been four years and I STILL can't even smell it! The thought makes me want to throw up! I have tried to eat it, because I used to have it for lunch every darn day.....I just can't.
KeishaJL
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Try going to a deli (even walmart but preferably Kroger, Giant Eagle or something) get one of their pre cooked rotisserie chickens.  See if you can eat that with dinner.  Even try cutting it up and putting it with a salad.  If you can tolerate that, then there's hope that one day you'll move past this and be able to stomach doing it on your own again.  I think when it started it was a legit thing.  When I was preggers it was ground beef.  The smell made me puke.  Watching it cook was just as bad.  After I had the first kiddo it was more a mental block, like a phobia.  I had to work at it a little at a time.  I'm ok with it now.  Depending on the beef. Some of it's just nasty. lol

Rushn311
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Aww that's horrible.  :( No, I  haven't gone through anything like that. I hope that one day you'll be able to eat it again.

cupcake_mom
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:54 AM

i can def eat that for dinner but im not payin that much for one lol. i can eat it if my hubby or anyone else cooks it, as long as i havent smelled, looked at or touched it.
where do you live that there are krogers and giant eagles?

Quoting KeishaJL:

Try going to a deli (even walmart but preferably Kroger, Giant Eagle or something) get one of their pre cooked rotisserie chickens.  See if you can eat that with dinner.  Even try cutting it up and putting it with a salad.  If you can tolerate that, then there's hope that one day you'll move past this and be able to stomach doing it on your own again.  I think when it started it was a legit thing.  When I was preggers it was ground beef.  The smell made me puke.  Watching it cook was just as bad.  After I had the first kiddo it was more a mental block, like a phobia.  I had to work at it a little at a time.  I'm ok with it now.  Depending on the beef. Some of it's just nasty. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)