Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Worst bday EVER! Long vent, read if you will but I need to vent.

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:04 AM
  • 46 Replies
MEN!! My husband, don't get me wrong, even though I'm gonna vent and bitch about him right now doesn't mean I want to leave him or anything but DAMN, what is wrong with some men????

So it's my bday today and even though I told him I didn't want much except for one thing that he did get me( because we are pretty broke ), he still could have done WAY more, without spending a dime. I get up every day to get the kids ready and off to school, WHICH IS FINE BECAUSE THAT'S MY SAHM "JOB", but damn it, he couldn't offer for ONE FRIGIN MORNING TO GET UP AND LET ME SLEEP? NOPE!
Then, his frigin mooch brother comes into town because they have a football game tomorrow and I am watching his 3 yr old while they are gone and he drinks all my bday vodka ( that was paid for with saved money- 8 bucks- for my bday ) which is all that was spent on me today, WHICH IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT AT ALL, just stating facts. Then his little one won't go to sleep because they are on farmers scheduals, PLEASE!, and I have to cater to her before I can lay down like I am now, AND, she still isn't asleep, her daddy brought her outside with him but is talking so loud the whole damn neighborhood can hear.

It's just been a lousy day and I'm not sure I explained it all well but I'm fed up and tired and a little hurt and wanting to go to sleep now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stfny
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Im sorry :( but happy birthday!!!!! :) today was my birthday also.... I didnt get nothin but cake lol my ds (4) required me to have it bc it was a birthday
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:06 AM
1 mom liked this

So sorry, I'd be a little mad, too.

finnbar
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:10 AM
So, your one gift was the vodka? And this person drank it? Who offered it to him? Where is this child's mother?
I would be upset too
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd be mad too. I would ask for a make up birthday. This year he had long work shifts the day before, of and after my bday so I had a make up one the next time he had off. I still didn't get a present (we're quite broke) but I got breakfast and a nap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Hugs

nodramamama311
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:18 AM
It's a whipped cream vodka that I really like and I knew we couldn't afford much so I asked for some of that and me and my mom, who's visiting, had some drinks. His brother just takes whatever, he's such a mooch! And the mom is home with their newborn, they live 5 hours away, THANK GOODNESS!

Quoting finnbar:

So, your one gift was the vodka? And this person drank it? Who offered it to him? Where is this child's mother?

I would be upset too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
finnbar
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Well. I can't really repeat what my husband just said about guys who drink whipped cream anything but hope ya'll enjoyed the few sips ya got in before the booze mooch

Quoting nodramamama311:

It's a whipped cream vodka that I really like and I knew we couldn't afford much so I asked for some of that and me and my mom, who's visiting, had some drinks. His brother just takes whatever, he's such a mooch! And the mom is home with their newborn, they live 5 hours away, THANK GOODNESS!

Quoting finnbar:

I would be upset too

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:17 AM
I would be mad too.
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
It's just a day. I don't understand why people get so upset over not getting things. You said yourself you cannot afford much, so why he pissed? If you don't express to him what you wanted then don't act shocked. Men are no more mind readers then we are. You said your mom was there why didn't she do something for your birthday? And your so outspoken here why would you not stick up for your self in real life? ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nodramamama311
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:29 AM
You completely missed my ENTIRE point! If you think I was bitching about not getting stuff then you need to read my post again. Everyone else knew what I talking about.

Quoting marchantmom06:

It's just a day. I don't understand why people get so upset over not getting things. You said yourself you cannot afford much, so why he pissed? If you don't express to him what you wanted then don't act shocked. Men are no more mind readers then we are. You said your mom was there why didn't she do something for your birthday? And your so outspoken here why would you not stick up for your self in real life? ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)