Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What to do alone on a Saturday night while kids are with Dad

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:15 PM
  • 9 Replies

Okay, so my husband and I are separated, not divorced. Every weekend he gets the kids and I usually end up staying home alone watching tv and feeling somewhat sorry for myself. I don't have any single friends of course. Anyone else in this predicament? Advice?

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:20 PM
No married friends will go out sometime??? I would if I had a single friend. Like dinner and a movie or something. I mean I go out with my friends without dh, married friends. We have ladies nights out.
CherrieFaeries
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Maybe this would be a good time to start going out on your own. Go to a karaoke bar, nightclub, coffee bar. See what you can get into. I'm not saying look for a new partner, but maybe make some new friends if your current friends won't go out with you. Take some time to meditate, do some self inventory. Just do something!

coreys_mommy
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:04 PM

hit up a karoake bar. get drunk, karoake and get a taxi. drunk people always love other drunk peope lmao. unless you're not a drinker. go to the movies and see something good. relish the time you have to yourself... i totally would

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:01 AM

I know first hand how awfull it can be. Maybe you could join a gym or a church where you wopuld meet others. I also found that energy can be a good helper

Apr1l
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Go to the gym sauna. People are generally friendly and talkative there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I'd go to the movies. 

nurse1997
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Time for a new man go get your nails,hair done, and go out with some girls at work and start looking if you guys are not getting back together or make your husband want you back if thats what you want doll !!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:52 PM
I really like meetup.com. They have a ton of groups for almost anything and anyone. They do fun outings. I joined a girlfriends group when i realized i had no friends lol. Dh and i joined a camping and bucket list group. Its not a dating site, just people being together.
sweetr0se
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I'm very much a home body so I'm usually online playing sims or online games! I rarely go out, I love to stay at home and chill with my family!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)