Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

For those of you who have had a stillbirth, or a premature baby QUESTION?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

I wasn't sure if this was appropriate to put on here, but I am really wondering.. 

For those of you that have had a stillbirth, or a premature baby I have a question. 

I am 35 weeks pregnant with my son, and I can not stop thinking about this!

Did you have any complications up to delivery or did you have a completely "normal pregnancy"

My heart goes out to you dearly, I know if that happened to me, I would not recover!! 

Can I have your story? I am just terrified this will happen to me..

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommytoaangel
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:04 PM
I had my twins at 16wks 05dys why i went into preterm laber was never found my sons were born alive an passed soon after birth
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LEY1307
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I had a stillborn son at 17 weeks. I spotted off and on the entire time. One day my water just broke. It has been over 5 years since his birth and I am currently 33 weeks pregnant. Everything is going good this time. I also had a normal pregnancy and birth almost 2 years before I had my stillborn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Ds was born at 35 weeks. No birth complications. He was wheezy when he was born and they wisked him off to the nicu and gave him iv antibiotics and put him in an incubator. He had a feeding tube because he had so suck reflex and had to have wires for heart rate. He was in an incubator until he could regulate his body heat. He had jaundice but it stopped on its own so he wasn't under the lights.

He was so tiny. Even the preemie clothes were big on him. Honestly the scariest part was when thenurse demanded I leave wwithout explaining what the feeding tube was and why he had to have it. She just pushed me out and said they had to do a "procedure". I called every three hours at night and was there every day all day. One night I panicked and had a bad feeling that I forgot him. I called the nicu right away and the nurse calmed me down and said he was fine and it's normal forme to feel that way.
wingsfan1234
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I had a stillborn at 33 weeks gestation in July 2011.  I didn't have any complications up until that appointment day :(  since I had two older children that were with me and one was very small at full term I got an ultrasound every appointment.  Anyways that day I went in for my routine ultrasound and appointment (ultrasound was first) laid down got my older girls settled down playing their game and with the few toys in the room.  As soon as the tech started the ultrasound she paniced said 'I'll be right back' and took off to find the dr.  I wasn't paying much attention at that point of what she was actually doing but my husband was with me.. the tech couldn't find the heart beat :(  so we went in to talk to the dr immediately, he actually left another patient that was their before me to come in my room.  The doctor at that point just kind of told us what the tech saw but used bigger words so my girls didn't figure it out right then.  My dr basically game me until later that night to give him a time that I would be at the hospital to deliver, since he knew we had to get a babysitter for the other girls.   I paniced at that point.   That was also the weekend of my family reunion camping trip for my dads family inwhich my daughters were VERY excited to go to so we ended up going from the drs office to the campground.  Sat down with my Dad and Stepmom right away (they knew I had an appt that morning) so we started talking, and I started crying again.. they did everything they could for me that night.  even telling the rest of the family so that we didn't have to repeat it any more.   (I felt bad having my cousin's wife was pregnant and due the same time I was and I avoided her the whole time)
anyways we stayed the night there then went home to tell my Mom and the rest of our families.  Had my best friend watch my girls for the week, went in on Sunday to have our daughter, Phoenix, she was 3 lbs 5 ozs and 16 1/2inches long!  (a pound ligher and 2 inches shorter than my oldest was full term!!)  

They determined that the only thing that happened was she twisted her cord up so much that it tied in a knot.   picture spinning a rope until it knots

believe me it's not an experience I want to go through again or anyone to go through it was/is rough some days.  I have some days that I just want to cry and those don't help when my older girls decide they miss their baby sister either

GOOD LUCK WITH THE REST OF YOUR PREGNANCY AND TRY NOT TO THINK ABOUT IT!!   

Mommy to two girls here on earth and one in Heaven watching over us

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:44 PM
I had a stillborn baby girl about 3 or 4 yr old.i was 40 weeks n had no idea i was even prego.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashley9603
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:47 PM

My son was a stillbirth(first pregnancy)I knew that he wasnt going to make it as his lungs were not matured yet(21 weeker)he was considered not viable.At that time they dont have the medical advances that they do now.My 2nd was born at 36 weeks and although preemie she did well.She weighed almoost 6 pounds(she was my biggest baby)My twins were 28 weekers,2 pounds 9 ounces and 2 pounds 10 ounces.They did 2 months nicu time.I have a incompetant cervix and I tend to deliver early,even with a cerclage.I wouldnt worry too much about what can happen.I was high risk with all my pregnancies so I knew that having a preemie was a possibility.I would focus on the positives and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:03 PM

My nephew was born at 29wks everything was 100% normal and no cause for the preterm labor.  By the way he is now a healthy happy 12yr old.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I had ds at 25 weeks. Major complications. :-(

Try not to worry, mama. Itยดs not good for anything.

Hugs!

PinkButterfly66
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Please relax.  In two weeks, you'll be in the "full-term" window.  If you've had no complications so far, then the rest of your pregnancy should be that way too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:07 PM

This is a fear a lot of woman have, regardless of having a still born. 

Try not to worry. If things are going well with your appointments then you should be fine. 

My niece had a still born at 5 moths. She didn't know she was pregnant and found out she lost the baby 2 weeks after learning she was having a baby. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)