Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know...

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:14 PM
  • 5 Replies

Any good sites to sell my crochet and knit items on? I am on ebay, Etsy and Craigslist but it just doesn't seem to be doing anything. I like Etsy but I don't like having to pay to post and run ads and stuff when I am not even selling anything on there. I have no idea where to sell my stuff or how to get people to notice it. There are so many people on Etsy and a lot of their stuff is really good...better then mine...at least I think so. I just want to be able to do something I love and make a little extra to help out some even if it is just with my yarn habit lol. I am just lost I guess, and looking for some help. Any ideas would be great!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
StephanAndCoral
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:46 PM

You could try Facebook maybe make a page and have your friends share the page maybe look in your area for up coming craft fairs. I don't know. I see a few people struggling to sell their crocheted items because so many people are making things of their own. I went to a craft fair and darn near every table there had crochet items.  The tables near my sisters did not sell anything many were hearing oh that's cute/ nice/ etc... and a few oh I didn't think of making something liek that or I bet mom can make that for me etc...I do wish you luck on selling your thing though I do wish I knew how to crochet. I am having the same struggles with my diaper and towel cakes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Craft fairs. Many are summer and fall.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Can you sell stuff through Amazon? 

I love amazon and go there for pretty much anything I need. 

sweetr0se
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I have a knitted scarf site that I haven't updated in a while http:/www.freewebstore.org/lovelyscarves however, I haven't made ANY sales on it, so I'm just going to crochet stuff for a craft fair this fall! It's a very competetive market though

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:02 AM

You might want to ask the ladies in the Craft Cafe.  Many of them sell their items on various sites, and there is also a marketplace in the group where you can advertise and sell items.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)