Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Hair: Long or short?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:43 PM
  • 10 Replies

I've cut my hair only twice in my life (shoulder length) and I am contemplating on cutting it again, although DH loves long hair over short. I guess I am bored yet again and want a change, but I also want DH happy. In a very slight way I don't want to only because I feel it will take a while to grow back, but then again hey...it will grow back eventually.

Should I just go for it or leave it alone? It is almost down to my butt!! It is relatively easy to handle, although it is pretty darn curly. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Hair grows. I personally think very long hair weighs you down and isn't flattering. Hair grows. I have had long, short, long, short and again and again. Shorter hair since over 30.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Do it for you, not for your dh. Not up to him.
Traci2012
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Im all about change. It will grow out eventually!! I just know how great I feel after a good haircut! ANd who says you have to go short?? Take of a few inches and throw in some layers!

CatFishMom
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I cant wait for mine to finish growing back out again! Im like you-only cut it twice and then it was in my adult life. It has about six more inches and itll be back to my butt again and Im not doing it again! :-) Good luck with your choice!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I'm trying to grow my hair out. I love long hair. My dh prefers my hair longer so I do take that into consideration. I wouldn't want to do something that I know he wouldn't like. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:08 PM
I love my long hair but I only think long looks good too a certain point. If its thin and long, I think that looks straggly and bad. If its longer than idk.. Just past covering your breasts I think that tends to look unkempt and it is defiantly unprofessional looking in the work place. I also read a few interesting articles (I will get the links in a bit for here) that discuss how women with certain hairstyles (long being one of them) are taken less seriously in the workforce and in the public.
Especially women of a certain age, we may not like that fact but it doesn't change the validity of it either.

That being said I think that the kardashian sisters have long hair and it looks really nice. So if your able to pull off that kind of look (nice, thick, always styled) then by all means, go for it.
sweetr0se
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Could there be a happy medium?? Like maybe look through short hairstyles that he might like!

DeLaLi
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I know, I know. I just want him to be happy because I really wouldn't want him to do something I didn't like or find less attractive.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do it for you, not for your dh. Not up to him.

CafeMom Tickers
DeLaLi
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Well, I have a full head of hair that is very curly. This is why I am slightly contemplated. I don't usually blow my hair out.

Quoting Anonymous:

I love my long hair but I only think long looks good too a certain point. If its thin and long, I think that looks straggly and bad. If its longer than idk.. Just past covering your breasts I think that tends to look unkempt and it is defiantly unprofessional looking in the work place. I also read a few interesting articles (I will get the links in a bit for here) that discuss how women with certain hairstyles (long being one of them) are taken less seriously in the workforce and in the public.
Especially women of a certain age, we may not like that fact but it doesn't change the validity of it either.

That being said I think that the kardashian sisters have long hair and it looks really nice. So if your able to pull off that kind of look (nice, thick, always styled) then by all means, go for it.

CafeMom Tickers
Hello07
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:12 AM
A full head of curly hair sounds beautiful. Free and fun.

Hair does grow back though and something new and different then you've always had might be a blast!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)