Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

My grandmothers husband is abusive!! What can I do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
In the past 5 years things have taken a very bad turn. He has started abusing prescription meds. (Morphine klonopin loratab just to name a few). Now these are prescribed to him by his doctor but he also takes hers. He hasn't physically hurt her that I'm aware of its verbal mostly but he has made threats. He doesn't want her to see her family at all & doesn't want us to come to her house. I am very concerned that he is going to hurt her & we've all talked to her & asked her to come & stay with one of us but she won't. I don't know what to do. He drives while he's taking these meds & he gets really out of it & I've considered reporting it but then I'm afraid he would blame her, like he does for everything.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raynesmommy1
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Kick him in the teeth. regardless of what she does when it comes down to men who delude themselves into thinking that they are blameless it will always be here fault. I say try to get him help and if he doesn't comply she is going to have to make that decision because in the end it will affect her.

PinkButterfly66
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Visit anyway, and often. Report him for taking her meds.  Why does he need klonopin and morphine and loratab?  

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Visit her as often as you can. Let him know her family is there for her and constantly around. Look into if there's any way you guys can get him into treatment.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Exactly, let him know that if he causes her distress in any way, you will be there to make sure that he pays for it!  Make it very, very clear to him that he will not get away with anything!

Quoting cjsmom1:

Visit her as often as you can. Let him know her family is there for her and constantly around. Look into if there's any way you guys can get him into treatment.

childofGod995
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:39 PM

you should definitely report him so he does not hurt her or anyone else for that matter one day.

LClark1973
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Social services has elder social workers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:52 PM
He has Parkinson's. after he was diagnosed with that they gave him mild pain meds & then he started telling the doc that other things hurt & he was in constant pain & he's had every test he can done & they've found nothing else wrong with him. I'm not saying he's not in pain because I'm not him but if he was in as much pain as he claims he wouldn't be up moving. My gma has had a knee replacement & needs another because its bone on bone, she had stents put in because of a blockage not to mention the severe arthritis & she just takes Aleve.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:Visit anyway, and often. Report him for taking her meds.  Why does he need klonopin and morphine and loratab?  
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pecanswirl49
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Hello sorry to here that.

Didi you call Department Of Aging

Did have a socialworker for them do you have any proof you need todo what is right in your heart and mind.

mommytoacloud
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:23 AM
Aps could be a way to go i think the number is 1-800-sos-adult
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:29 AM
If you think she's in immediate danger, which she might be if you piss him off (I'm not saying you're doing the wrong thing by being open about the issues) would you be able to bring her to your house until you can get him the help he needs? Confronting someone with a drug problem, regardless of age is a scary thing. They're very unpredictable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)