Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Are you a morning person?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

I wish I was more of a morning person. I seem to wake up angry every morning and I don't know why. The alarm will go off and I will still be sleepy and peaceful. Then I will think of something that makes me mad and bam i'm wide awake.

Has anyone else expereinced this? How do I fix this?

It is hard for me to go to bed early because I work until 11:00pm and sometimes even until midnight. Than I get up with my DS to get him off to school. Most nights I get about 6 hours of sleep and I try to make up for that on the weekends. 

I want to change my thought pattern when I wake up, but I don't know how. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FoodIsLife
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Not really. I wish I was. I really do like being up before the sun and just sitting and relaxing... but i have such a hard time getting up

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Not in the least. I HATE getting up early! I'd much rather live my life from noon to after midnight than from 6am to 10pm. LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:38 AM
no but my kids are making me.
I feel lucky if I am in bed before midnight. yet I get up around 4-5am with the baby spend 30-45mins with her. go back to sleep with her cause she wont sleep alone after that. then one of the boys will wake up and wake the other one by 7:30. then the girls get up.
breakfast, school, and all day I keep thinking nap!!! but afyter I am up for an hour I cant go back to sleep until bedtime to do the same thing all over agian.
When hubby lets me sleep. I feel bad I have wasted most of the day cause I will sleep until 11am but still feel tired.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:38 AM
no but my kids are making me.
I feel lucky if I am in bed before midnight. yet I get up around 4-5am with the baby spend 30-45mins with her. go back to sleep with her cause she wont sleep alone after that. then one of the boys will wake up and wake the other one by 7:30. then the girls get up.
breakfast, school, and all day I keep thinking nap!!! but afyter I am up for an hour I cant go back to sleep until bedtime to do the same thing all over agian.
When hubby lets me sleep. I feel bad I have wasted most of the day cause I will sleep until 11am but still feel tired.
la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I'm not a morning person either, lol. I work up as soon as I get up and that normally puts me in a better mood

princesskt
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I read an article about this today and it "showcased" ppl in my area who are successful and what they do in the morning...Most of them got up early, exercised, read the paper, emails, etc., ate breakfast....and more before even leaving for work (give or take)...I get up the latest possible.  I would like to be a morning person, but I am just more alert at night.  I wish I could workout and get some homework, business, housework, etc. done before work because then after work I could relax instead of running around like crazy.

Anyway, enough about me...It sounds like you are not getting enough sleep...the recommended 8 hours.  Perhaps you are angry because you aren't rested?

nurse1997
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Lol  that was me the oither day I worked late and only slept 3 hours my husband needed something and of course the kids did toafter I got up  I looked at my usband and if looks could kill he would be dead lol he was like what  what did I do I did feel bad after but it was like a switch going off I couldn't help it.Sleep more thats the only fix good luck ;]

LadyKDL
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:45 AM

I have been waking up early since I was a teenager, now I am a mother of 4. I AM NOT a morning person. My hubby wants to have full convos at 5:30 a.m. My 3 youngest are like their dad. I am not ready until about 10 or so. I get up, do what needs to be done and move around with minimal talking until it is nicessary. I like being up late, late at night...morning is over rated!

Good luck

Lilyroselynn61
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:29 AM
I don't get much sleep at all I have my 6yr old granddaughter who lives with me and as you know children are a lot of work by the time I am done taking care of her I am too tired to do anything for myself. I'm lucky if I sleep 4-5 hours a night but, when I wake up in the morning and I am still tired I look at her beautiful face and it's all worth it. If your day starts off bad just remember you can start your day over anytime you want. You need to remember that you are doing the best that you can at the moment and don't be do hard on yourself. Take it one minute at a time and it will get better. Start thinking about yourself a little more I think that might help. God bless and remember to pray, God will help you through it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
twistedpartdeux
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:35 AM

I really enjoy morning and feel good when I wake up at a time that allows me to relax a few minutes before heading out the door for work.  But there's only one issue.  My bed feels fucking amazingly orgasmic and as though my body literally cannot move out of it sometimes in the morning.  Bit of an issue...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)