Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Labor?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I'm 38 weeks pregnant, and I never went into labor naturally with DS1, so I'm not sure what contractions feel like.  For the past hour I've had really bad lower back pain on and off, and it feels like I have to poop.  Are these contractions?  Wondering if I should call the OB.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 14, 2013 at 6:03 PM
SeabeeWife2011
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 6:36 PM
OB imediately!! If the pain comes and goes, count how long the pain lasts. You should have attended Lamaze classes. The best thing that my hubby and I ever did.

Don't ignore anything with your pregnancy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tibby73
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Call ob or go to hospital. It is always better to be wrong and sent home then to not call or go in and have baby in unexpected place. Good luck will be praying for you.

Nerys-Kianna
by Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I would go to the hospital. Sounds like backlabor, better safe than sorry.

Allisonc7910
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 11:13 PM
I would wait it out and wait for more intensity, when the contractions come on regularly. Mine started with general pain but moved into real contractions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I called my OB and he said if I had more than six contractions in an hour to head over to Labor and Delivery.  Right now my lower back just hurts....it goes from annoying to painful, and I feel a lot of pressure, just not feeling good in general.  I think I'm going to try and wait it out....it's hard because I had no contractions, no pressure, nothing with DS1.  

Quoting Allisonc7910:

I would wait it out and wait for more intensity, when the contractions come on regularly. Mine started with general pain but moved into real contractions.

Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Feeling like you've gotta poop with pain and tensing are definite signs of labor.

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 1:22 PM

All my labor was back. Go get checked especially since this is your second one. They tend to come faster. Good Luck and Congrats~

nurse1997
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Listen to your doctor and if you still dont feel right head to the er ;]

Quoting Anonymous:

I called my OB and he said if I had more than six contractions in an hour to head over to Labor and Delivery.  Right now my lower back just hurts....it goes from annoying to painful, and I feel a lot of pressure, just not feeling good in general.  I think I'm going to try and wait it out....it's hard because I had no contractions, no pressure, nothing with DS1.  

Quoting Allisonc7910:

iluvalex
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:59 AM
I'm glad you posted this I've been pregnant three times currently pregnant with my third and I've never been through labor. My first I came late. All I felt was tightness. Water broke at the hospital the second was induced two weeks early before her due date and now I'm nine weeks away from my due date and I'm scared that I'm not going to know when it's time to go

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Allisonc7910:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)