Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

seriously? How do I use...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
My husband?

I'm so confused by this.

Some girl at a mommy/me thing just told me I might as well be on PA since I'm a SAHM.

Her reasoning? I count on someone else to support me, that its PA except cutting out the middle man and instead of waiting for the agency to disperse funds my husband does..

WTF.

o.O
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:40 AM

jealous bitch maybe ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Haha sounds about right.

I was like umm, do you hear yourself right now?

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

jealous bitch maybe ?

lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Haha sounds about right.

I was like umm, do you hear yourself right now?

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

jealous bitch maybe ?

Amazing the stuff that comes out of people's mouths sometimes.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

GOBryan
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:58 AM

That doesn't make any sense and you can't be on PA if your husband makes a decent income. They do take his into account. She just has a poor mentality and was probably raised that way. 

bmw29
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:59 AM

It sounds like she isn't getting any. Poor girl needs to get laid. ;)

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:00 AM

People crack me up with their ignorance

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Someone on Cafemom believes this too. Very outspoken about it. This is ridiculous. I would tell her she is crazy jealous and leave it at that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:41 AM

So she's saying your husband is like public assistance? Really? What a low opinion of husbands she has!

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

People used to say this all the time to me. I don't see how it's any different than your kids depending on you. Your Husband is your family, your support. We wouldn't call our kids leaches or anything like that.

GertieK
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

What a load of crap.  This is where "women's lib" has gotten so far off track it's crazy.  You and your husband are partners.  He does his part and you do yours.  Families today are being obliterated by attitudes like hers, and the results can be seen for themselves in how far we have drifted from solid homes and safe environments for our kids.  The family, with an involved parent at home, is one of, if not the MOST important aspect of our country's future.  In the process of trying to prove themselves "equal" to men, some women have gone so far the other direction they want everyone to believe that we don't need men.  The truth is, there are two genders, and marraige and a family are the cornerstone of society.  The importance of the family cannot be understated.  Your job, as a mom, is absolutely essential.  You are not using your husband any more than he is using you.  They kids came from both of you, and raising them to be members of society that understand the importance of their role in the world, and that we all must contribute if we are to succeed, is one of the most important jobs in the world, bar none.  Believe, as mom to 4 kids myself, I know that you earn everything that comes your way - and MORE.  I hope you don't consider that girl to be a friend, because she is so far off track you don't need that kind of energy or attitude in your life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)