Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What's the scariest thing you've experienced or witnessed?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

Have you ever been in an accident or witnessed something scary? What's the scariest thing you've ever seen or had happen to you?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:49 PM

For me, the scariest thing was when I was headed off to work one time in the pouring rain. I was speeding, knew I shouldn't, but didn't want to be late. Well, I heard this voice in my head saying slow it down, so I sighed and decided I was already late and getting there later was better than not getting there at all. At the very next intersection, I saw a truck get T-boned by someone running the light. The truck that got hit split and a child went flying (wasn't buckled in!) out of the side and across the pavement. Because I had slowed down, I'd avoided being T-boned myself, and I was able to stop before running over the injured child. Now, I don't speed and I'm SUPER cautious at intersections, especially in the rain.

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Cancer slowly killing my 10 yr old son. That was nervewrecking.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:43 AM

The scariest thing ever was almost losing my son and husband (trying to save my son) from drowning.  We had angels watching over us that day.  I almost lost both of them that day.

Macphee
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:55 AM

The scariest thing for me to watch was my son running full speed ahead into traffic. I feel as if I lost 15 years from my life.

Another was watching a truck cut off my husband on his motorcycle at 55 mph. My stomach dropped.

The scariest thing I went through was birthing my first son. He was early and was born in the back of our car over a highway, at night in the middle of winter. He was breach with the cord around his neck. DH delivered him. Thank God he was trained for law enforcement, so he knew to put his finger between the cord and DS neck. DS was born at 1 lbs. 12 oz, 4 months early. I didn't hear him cry, and didn't see him until hours later. I didn't know if he had made it.

AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I was attacked by a Lab a couple of years ago. Something about watching my skin getting tore off to the muscle and bone was terrifying. Also when I watched my cousin get attacked by 2 off-leash Labs when he was 4. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I watched my friend murdered when i was in 3rd grade.
mommaof1boy2006
by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:09 AM

My dad used to have a big ass dog. Well one night my son who was 4 at the time, was playing with him with a tennis ball...idk exactly what happened but i hear my son crying i look over and see blood everywhere. i rush him to the bathroom and immediatly know i have to get him to the ER. my dad had been drinking and it was dark out i cant really see at night and the closest hospital is 20 min away on a crazy raod. so im goin 35 in a 50 trying not to freak out. we get to the hospital and find out my son has to have a plastic surgeon close him up. Thats when i broke down and freaked. So scary. But he is 6 now and awesome:} he has a scar on his bottom lip and under his chin.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)