Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Is it ok for boys to play with dolls?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 393 Replies

My son loves his older sister's dolls but she doesn't always want to share.  I was going to get him his own doll but my husband doesn't want me to.  He says boys shouldn't play with dolls.

What do you think?  Should I get my son a doll anyway? 

Would you get your son a doll if he wanted one?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nodramamama311
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:35 PM
6 moms liked this
Why wouldn't it be ok? I seriously can't stand some men!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
txoorahmom
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:49 PM
18 moms liked this

I gave my son a doll to teach him nurturing skills, he was a very destructive toddler.  he loved his baby. he's 17 now & remembers the doll.  let your DH know it didn't turn him gay (nothing can do that). actually, i think girls like him more because of his gentle side - thx baby doll =)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:52 PM
2 moms liked this

My younger son used one of his stuffies like this.

Quoting txoorahmom:

I gave my son a doll to teach him nurturing skills, he was a very destructive toddler.  he loved his baby. he's 17 now & remembers the doll.  let your DH know it didn't turn him gay (nothing can do that). actually, i think girls like him more because of his gentle side - thx baby doll =)

mommysangelface
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:53 PM
This

Quoting nodramamama311:

Why wouldn't it be ok? I seriously can't stand some men!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopeym23
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:54 PM
4 moms liked this

I would get my son one.  He plays with his older sisters dolls sometimes but he also likes his "boy" toys too.

mommyshere
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:21 PM
5 moms liked this

Personally, I would not buy my son a doll!

ambertreas76
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

My 5 year old son plays with his 4 year old sisters dolls all the time.  I wouldn't buy him his own because he's fine and happy playing with sissy's stuff.  I went so far as to ask him if he'd like one and he said 'Why?  Chloe has some!'

Bookoholic
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:30 PM
6 moms liked this
My Ds has two dolls I BOUGHT THEM FOR HIM, I have no other kids just him. He wanted a baby I bought a baby lol. He plays with baby very well. Holding and putting baby to sleep, pushing baby in stroller. He loves his baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SuperPickle
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:00 PM
4 moms liked this

I have 3 boys so no "excuses" to have dolls in the house, yet we have them. My youngest is the only one that still really plays with them but he LOVES his rainbow brite doll!

TimetoMomUp
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:35 PM
4 moms liked this

I just got my son his own American Girl doll.  Okay, it wasn't technically a girl, but a doll.  I bought the Bitty Baby Twins and gave the girl to my daughter (because she wanted it) and the boy to my son.  He loves his little boy doll.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN