Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you respect (not love) your parents?

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:25 PM
  • 17 Replies
I do not respect my mother, I love her to death but since my teen years I have lost most respect for her and the choices she's made. If anyone cares I will explain, just ask. I do respect my father, very much, but I haven't always had the best relationship with him until about maybe 7 years ago.
I was just curious about y'all situations. And I do realize that some have lost their parents and I'm sorry for that. I know we have to appreciate them while they are here but I'm not really talking about that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nodramamama311
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Yes and no.

Yes, I respect my mom.  She worked very hard after she divorced my father (after he slapped her across the kitchen for being late home from work to pick up groceries) to support me and my brother.  She always did whatever she believed was best for us no matter how it made her feel.  She never gave up on me, even when everyone else did.  She knows me better than anyone else in my family (not my current, immediate family of dh and kids, but my past family of parents, siblings, cousins, aunts/uncles, g-parents, etc.)

No, I haven't had much respect for my dad most of my life.  I adored him when I was little; I thought the sun rose and set on him.  When I moved from my mom's to my dad's at about ten, my brother and I had to sit on the couch and watch him fight (drunk) with our s-m every fri and sat night.  I didn't respect him much then.  When I was about 13-14, he got sober, got a job, my s-m divorced him, and he raised the four of us on his own until I was 17.  He got married again and then I moved out and got married.  After that sometime, he started drinking again and I have no respect for him at all now.  I love him with all my heart and I wish he'd stop drinking; I don't see him, but I know that his drinking is just a slow form of suicide.  I wish he knew what he means to the ppl around him and how it kills them to see him killing himself.

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I respect my Mother. I have no respect for the man that helped procreate with my Mother.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Mine have passed away. I adored, respected and loved my parents very much. My Dad was a father of the year Dad!
Marimaru
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I respect my mother, not my father.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thatgirl70
by Carin on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:34 PM
I have no respect for either of them, no love for my dad and barely any tolerance for my mother.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JDsWifey
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:50 PM

My parents are deceased, but I respected my dad very much...my "mother", not so much once I got older.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Not really. I love both of my parents but lost respect for them years ago.

ysmeine
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:09 AM

My mother has both my love and my respect. She wasn't always the best parent, but she is there now. I don't respect my father, not sure I love him either. I'm more indifferent. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN