Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll

Question: Do you choose your significant other, over your children? Who comes first the majority of the time?

Options:

My kid (kids)

My SO

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 53

View Results

I had a conversation with my friend earlier, and she said her SO comes before her DD so I'm curious who else thinks like this.

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Replies (21-24):
mamanjulie
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:29 PM
In a healthy relationship, this doesn't come up because neither parent expects their needs and wants to come before their children's. Children can't fend for themselves and depend on their parents so yes, they come first. However, kids also have to learn to treat others fairly and that means learning that sometimes they have to play quietly in another room because Daddy wants to watch the hockey game or Mommy wants to visit with her friends.
That's not the same as telling your 15yr old he's got to go live with grandma because step dad can't stand him anymore....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nurse1997
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:09 PM

It depends if its like really important kids of course goes first but if its simple things at the house dad usally . When i make dinner dads plate gets made first simple stuff like that but of course any thing major kids do come first a happy mom and happy dad make happy kids !

SpiritedWitch
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:48 PM

My hubby. It was us first, then us and our son, and it is just us again. 

June3May4June3
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

My kids come first.  DH is old enough to fend for himself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)