Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I have no idea if my water broke... HELP? *Update*

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:33 PM
  • 21 Replies

I have a dog named Theadore and he has been potty trained since he was 6 weeks old. He has not had an accident in the house since then and he is now a year and a half old. He is my mothers dog, and hates everyone else. He was originally my dog, but took to my mother. He never leaves her side. Well last night I was on my laptop in my undies. I kept getting up to get a drink and I noticed my leg was wet. I thought it was just sweat. Well I sat like this for like five hours. and when I hopped in to go to bed I layed there. After a few minutes I noticed my bed was soaked where I was sitting. I was pissed. I thought for sure Theo peed in my bed but now looking back it doesn't make sense at all. He was outside all night, and he hasn't been in my room. I thought it smelt like really bad hamster pee, but when I showed my mother she said it didn't smell like pee. So now I am thinking maybe my water broke, and I didn't even notice.

Oh by the way, Theo will not leave me alone today. He keeps jumping on me and licking me ( hes a small dog) and wants nothing to do with my mother. 

I don't think I have been having contractions or anything but could my water have broken? I have been "moist" down there today, but I've been under blankets and thought it was sweat.. Oh gosh. Advice?

The spot was pretty huge. about as big as a pillow. I didn't notice it coming out though. This happened late last night. I havent noticed that it is still coming out, I'll cough or something and sometimes a little something comes out but not really anything. I cant just go to the docs right now bc our truck is stuck in mud, and were in the process of getting it out. 

Zander has been moving around and kicking like normal today, and my stomach looks the same so I don't know..

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:38 PM

If you are worried, call your doctor. They can do an ultrasound to check.

You are so far along it shouldn´t be a major problem as long as you get medical advice.

And yes, amniotic fluid should not smell unless you have an infection.

ChocolateJunky
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Just go to the doctor and they can check to see if you're leaking fluids. This is very important and shouldn't be ignored.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:43 PM
The water doesn't stop. It keeps coming.
ambertreas76
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:45 PM

You should probably head to the doc.  

Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Call your doctor. There is a simple swab test they can do to see if your water broke. If it has you need to be at the hospital.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Is it still coming? If you are staying wet it vould be your water.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Goofygadget
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I'm not sure. When my water broke it was enough to cover the whole floor and was thicker than normal liquid. Kind of like what pedia water stuff. You could be leaking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wife-4-life
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:03 PM
This.

When my water broke with dd3 (born in Feb 2013) it kept gushing and leaking- whenever I sat down or stood up or sneezed or coughed or anything.

With that said, I thought 2 different times my water broke previous to that. I went to my drs and they did a swab test and it was neg for amniotic fluid. When we are at the end of our pregnancy and start effacing and even dilating, we can leak a very watery cervical discharge. It pretty much mimics the water breaking. It sucks. I always went into my drs office though so I didn't have to deal with hospital checking in and out and being there for hours if it wasn't y water breaking. And from what I've heard, the uterus tends to contract and go I to labor soon after water breaking. My didn't though... My body actually never went into labor and I had I have a last minute c-section because my water had broke and I had no labor, even 12 hrs after it happened.

Quoting Anonymous:

The water doesn't stop. It keeps coming.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:14 PM

When my water broke with my second, it was slow like that.  I didn't have contractions either.  They told me to lay on my side for 15-30 mins. and if I was still moist down there to come in.  If you are unsure, contact the doctor.

ACDC_fan
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:00 AM

idk- when my water broke it felt like I was urinating nonstop, then was just.....RAPID....lmao. it happens differently with every woman :)
Never hurts to at least call the doctor and see what it might be. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)