Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I don't know what to do

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM
  • 34 Replies
I need opinions. I am almost eight months pregnant. My boyfriend and his dad is going to Ohio in June and I'm due between June 24 and July first. My boyfriend wants me to come out to Ohio but I'm scared that it's not going to work out and also that I might not like it there. What would you do?
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kstchr
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:12 AM

I'm not clear about this, are they moving to Ohio in June, or just going for a week-long visit or something like that? That might be a long drive for you to undertake, depending on how far away you are from OH...might be uncomfortable being so close to your due date, and I wouldn't want anything to happen that I'd be away from home (and my doctor) when the baby decides it's time to arrive, but that's just me.  If it's just for a short trip, early in June, and you're feeling up to it, then go for it if it's something you want to do...but really it's a judgement call and something only you can decide what's best for you. :)

sarahbsquare
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:53 AM

go for a visit before going al in because you maynot like the place..like me i am from salt lake city and now live in tucson and moved in right before summer started in the desert and wish i was dead but now i am about to endure my 3rd year in the desert over the summer so i hope it isn't to bad this year..ah and there is always the pool.

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:02 AM

yeah I am not clear either.  so they are moving there or just visiting? he wants you to move in with them?  I am sorry but unless he puts a ring on it, I wouldnt be moving out of state.

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this

and considering I gave birth to both my kids at 36 weeks, I dont think it is really safe for you to be traveling so far along because you really dont want to be away from the doctor you are familiar with much less breaking your water in an unfamiliar place.

Bonita131
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Don't go. You "sound" to scared to go to a place you know nothing about right now, not to mention you're saying you're scared it won't work out, which I'm assuming you mean the relationship. Also, there's no guarantee you won't have your baby earlier than expected or the day you arrive in Ohio. Who's going to help you if you go? Sorry, but if your boyfriend is a true boyfriend and if he really cares about you, he'd tell you to wait until after you've had the baby  to make such an important decision. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:06 AM

If you're due in late June, then I don't think you'll be able to go because you'll either be too far along in your pregnancy to risk traveling like that or you'll have a newborn in your arms who shouldn't yet travel like that. Either way, I think you'll have to tell him no and you'll see him when the baby's older. Or, if they're going for just a visit and not to stay there, you'll see them when they return.

stargaze281
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
well why are they going to Ohio and especially near your due date????
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iluvalex
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:19 AM
They are moving but I would be going a month after the baby is born

Quoting kstchr:

I'm not clear about this, are they moving to Ohio in June, or just going for a week-long visit or something like that? That might be a long drive for you to undertake, depending on how far away you are from OH...might be uncomfortable being so close to your due date, and I wouldn't want anything to happen that I'd be away from home (and my doctor) when the baby decides it's time to arrive, but that's just me.  If it's just for a short trip, early in June, and you're feeling up to it, then go for it if it's something you want to do...but really it's a judgement call and something only you can decide what's best for you. :)

iluvalex
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:23 AM
I would be going a month after the baby is born. And they are moving there. I'm already living with them till they leave

Quoting MixedCooke:

and considering I gave birth to both my kids at 36 weeks, I dont think it is really safe for you to be traveling so far along because you really dont want to be away from the doctor you are familiar with much less breaking your water in an unfamiliar place.

iluvalex
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:25 AM
I am waiting til I have the baby. I want to go and just because I'm scared does it not mean I should try. I mean we do love each other and I shouldn't let my fear stand in my way right

Quoting Bonita131:

Don't go. You "sound" to scared to go to a place you know nothing about right now, not to mention you're saying you're scared it won't work out, which I'm assuming you mean the relationship. Also, there's no guarantee you won't have your baby earlier than expected or the day you arrive in Ohio. Who's going to help you if you go? Sorry, but if your boyfriend is a true boyfriend and if he really cares about you, he'd tell you to wait until after you've had the baby  to make such an important decision. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)