Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the worst parenting mistake you ever made?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
Mine was force feeding my dd at 5 months. I wish I hadn't listened to my mom and mom in law and instead followed my research and instinct. They told me to feed her even if she cried. She's still a dreadfully picky eater.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DebnDrew
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

If my eldest had been a boy I wouldn't have known how awful circumcision was and would have had it done.....THAT would have been the worst thing I had done. Glad I didn't do it to my son!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Stephd710
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Both my daughters have rolled off the couch and one crawled off the end of my bed and got a black eye. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Pulling my kids super fast in a wagon. The wagon tipped over, and the oldest fell on top of the youngest. The youngest hurt his foot real bad. : (
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

We have 5 kids. We didn't force feed our kids and all 5 are the pickiest eaters I've ever known!! The only food all 5 will eat are the following: Pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, bacon, pancakes. That is IT!! As for other foods, there are certain things one will eat that none of the others ones will eat, etc., etc. It really drives me CRAZY!! How they manage to be as healthy as they are, is beyond me!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine was force feeding my dd at 5 months. I wish I hadn't listened to my mom and mom in law and instead followed my research and instinct. They told me to feed her even if she cried. She's still a dreadfully picky eater.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Having one of my coworkers call my 4 yr. old and  pretend to be an elf to warn him he was going to be on Santa's naughty list if he didn't shape up. The kid hung up and cried for like an hour he was very upset. Well, tramatized is more like it.  Worst. Parental. Move. Ever. He is 7 now and doesn't remember it. He  he ended up with his own Christmas tree in his room that year out of parental guilt.  He was hell on wheel as a 4 yr. old, we were desperate. Lesson learned. Never did that again!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Having one of my coworkers call my 4 yr. old and  pretend to be an elf to warn him he was going to be on Santa's naughty list if he didn't shape up. The kid hung up and cried for like an hour he was very upset. Well, tramatized is more like it.  Worst. Parental. Move. Ever. He is 7 now and doesn't remember it. He  he ended up with his own Christmas tree in his room that year out of parental guilt.  He was hell on wheel as a 4 yr. old, we were desperate. Lesson learned. Never did that again!

Lol! Poor kid, but lol!
1boy1girlmama
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:12 AM

BUMP!

luvhugz08
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:39 AM

letting my ex in laws cause jealousy issues between my three girls...they feel the need to compete and my ex father in law just laughs pisses me off 

ambertreas76
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Letting my MIL watch the kids.  She taught them to steal toys from eachother and play keep-away.  Pisses me off!!  2 years later and I'm still trying to fix it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)