Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

All I got was a... WOW ok...!!!! (kinda long)

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:30 AM
  • 10 Replies

If you have seen my post or read my reply's then you know DH is on the search to shoot a turkey this season he has been hunting everyday including Easter but two...he over sleep one and was sick the other....from 5am till 4-5 he is in woods. In the summer his job stays busy from daylight till dark he works so i really don't get anytime with him by the time dinner done he showers and sees our 19 month old who things daddy hung moon then he falls asleep...that's right ladies the only conversation I get is from my kids as thankful as I am to have them it did not happen alone....I  think my ranting is influenced by the fact that we had went to the store on way pick up kids from my mom the only one that rode to store with us was our 19month old ds...when dh looks at a (cute) (young) female and says you wanted to see him here he is and pointed to our son....i thought very little bout it it is a small community but then we are headed to check out and run into her again....she talks to ds and shoots dh a smile that i catch a glimpse of and she asking, this one is Isaiah right and you have Neaveah too right not asking me but dh the funny thing is the baby isn't there and i haven't never spoke to this girl and most people in store just knows me as the lady with a bunch of kids who buys a whole lot of food every two weeks....When has he found the time to talk to this girl and why she looking at him like that...when i asked him calmly last night he said he doesn't know how she would know their names but he went in the store one day last wk and she ask if he would bring his little boy back in there??????? Ok Matt is normally a big flirt big deal he normally doesn't mean anything by it but her smile was over the line of friendly...when i haven't had no time with him in over a month and he falls asleep before sex and the couple times during turkey season we do have sex he finishes fast and I end up watching tv or logging on here....when i text him when he was riding to work I text "I love you hope you have a great day" His reply said "will do, than you.. same to you".....so that's when i sent another text and told him I hated being this way i feel like we are not clicking any more and I don't like being insecure....."WOW..OK" that was his reply....honestly am I reading to much to this or am I just not expressing my self to him in a way that he understands....I am lonely and I want his attention!!! Please  help me gain some wisdom here...I am I over board am I not????

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marimaru
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I really think you shouldn't have tried to have that conversation over text.  He probably doesn't know what he should say, and I don't think there's much he could say over text that would resolve anything.  You need to ask him to stay home one day so that you guys can talk this out.

luvhugz08
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I have asked and he says this happens in all my relationships...you just don't want me to hunt...but your right i should have waited to have conversation!!! 

Quoting Marimaru:

I really think you shouldn't have tried to have that conversation over text.  He probably doesn't know what he should say, and I don't think there's much he could say over text that would resolve anything.  You need to ask him to stay home one day so that you guys can talk this out.

Christy1919
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:48 PM

how did you not know he likes to hunt that much

luvhugz08
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:44 AM

turkey hunting is new to him this is his second season...deer hunting he loves and it wasn't that bad he would go a couple days a week...but it isn't the hunting its him totally forgetting that I need interaction....I have no friends I have not been out in three yrs with him we have kids and he doesn't let our youngest two go anywhere....notice i said I cause he does he even has been out over night working on his dirt toy in his friends garage across town....I just want alittle acknowledgement!!! 

Quoting Christy1919:

how did you not know he likes to hunt that much

HappyMommyToo
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:21 PM
I would be wondering how the lady knows so much about your kids...but that is just me.
Mom2wife1
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I would have asked how they know eachother when they were having the conversation.

HunnyBabie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Yes, you're probably not communicating in a way he can understand.  Your text that you "feel like [you] are not clicking any more and [you] don't like being insecure..." probably came out of the blue to him.  It sounds, based strictly on what you've said here, that he didn't think much of the way the girl was acting and he doesn't take that kind of thing seriously and he, apparently, feels secure in your marriage and he probably doesn't understand why you wouldn't.

I hope that made sense.

Anyway, women and men communicate differently; women try to communicate through insinuation, men pretty much shoot straight  and assume no news is good news.

HunnyBabie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM

On a side note, if your DH didnt' talk to the girl about your LOs, and you've never seen her, then how did she know their names.  It sounds like she's the one you should be worried about, not him.  IDK???

luvhugz08
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I LOVE THE WAY YOU SAID THIS....(DOES MAKE SENSE) 

Quoting HunnyBabie:

Yes, you're probably not communicating in a way he can understand.  Your text that you "feel like [you] are not clicking any more and [you] don't like being insecure..." probably came out of the blue to him.  It sounds, based strictly on what you've said here, that he didn't think much of the way the girl was acting and he doesn't take that kind of thing seriously and he, apparently, feels secure in your marriage and he probably doesn't understand why you wouldn't.

I hope that made sense.

Anyway, women and men communicate differently; women try to communicate through insinuation, men pretty much shoot straight  and assume no news is good news.

luvhugz08
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:59 PM

THATS WHAT MY SISTER SAID... 

Quoting HunnyBabie:

On a side note, if your DH didnt' talk to the girl about your LOs, and you've never seen her, then how did she know their names.  It sounds like she's the one you should be worried about, not him.  IDK???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN