Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smoking around kids??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 77 Replies

So my ex has remarried and that's all fine and dandy. I have no hard feelings over the divorce, goodbye, good riddance, etc., but I do have a HUGE problem: the new wife is a smoker.

She smokes in the house, she smokes in the car, she smokes around the kids, she smokes, smokes, smokes, smokes, smokes, and doesn't seem to care one bit that there's a 2yo and a 3yo in the house having to breathe all of that in.

Do you think smoking around kids, especially little ones, is ever okay?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:06 PM
2 moms liked this
No I don't and I am a smoker.
Lovingmommy1028
by Vanessa on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:08 PM

no i dont think it is ok for anybody to smoke around kids but it is there choice in what they do 

ambertreas76
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Not ok and this comes from a smoker. I dont smoke in the house, car, or around the kids. I have a designated area outside the garage door.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Just write a letter to your ex, include many articles about the risk of second hand smoke and inform him if the problem isn't rectified then you will contact CPS and seek full custody with supervised visitation only.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't think it's as big a deal as you do.

MzShorty787
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Idk about where u live but here its illegal to smoke in the car w/ children. Try talking to ur ex about it, I mean idk if u can take any kinda legal action or anything but I suggest u exhaust all options.
MzShorty787
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Idk about where u live but here its illegal to smoke in the car w/ children. Try talking to ur ex about it, I mean idk if u can take any kinda legal action or anything but I suggest u exhaust all options.
abecee
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Its not okay. Second hand smoke is a killer and I would not be okay with my children being around it.  I'd contact a lawyer and see what I could do to limit and minimize the amount of time my kids had to be at their house or in the car with her. What did the ex say when you mentioned it to him?

storkradio193
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:37 PM

It would not be ok with me at all and as others have noted in some states it is illegal to smoke with kids when in cars.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

Bertha21
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:38 PM
No way in hell would I ever be okay with that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)