Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Smoking around kids??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So my ex has remarried and that's all fine and dandy. I have no hard feelings over the divorce, goodbye, good riddance, etc., but I do have a HUGE problem: the new wife is a smoker.

She smokes in the house, she smokes in the car, she smokes around the kids, she smokes, smokes, smokes, smokes, smokes, and doesn't seem to care one bit that there's a 2yo and a 3yo in the house having to breathe all of that in.

Do you think smoking around kids, especially little ones, is ever okay?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Replies (71-77):
berlgirl1224
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Sounds good

Quoting marchantmom06:

Just write a letter to your ex, include many articles about the risk of second hand smoke and inform him if the problem isn't rectified then you will contact CPS and seek full custody with supervised visitation only.

Lovemybabieslnb
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Um. No. And she should have respect and not smoke in the house or car or around them. That's just rude. That makes me mad. And your ex husband should step and tell her not to do that around his kids. 

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Do you suffer health problems now, for growing up in a 2 smoker home?

Quoting jdsmell7:

It absolutely disgusts me! I came from a household of 2 parents who smoked...though long ago not knowing what we know today. With that said, I grew up thinking that smoking was "acceptable" even doing it myself for awhile. Since I had my daughter in 2010 & my mom died of lung cancer in 2011 just a month before my child's 1st birthday...I am totally against any form of it ! I now watch a friends child who is partial down-syndrome & had heart surgery @ 6mos old, guess what??.....both of her parents smoke in the house around her!!! She reeks of smoke Everytime I get her & breathes with horrible congestion like she smokes 2packs a day! It's just like child abuse or neglect since this poor baby has no choice but to live in a smoke filled environment. As for your situation, I would have a calm yet firm conversation w/ your ex asking that his new wife NOT smoke around your kids or you will have to consider involving CPS (child protection services) so that they do not develop any illness related to 2nd hand smoke !

luvhugz08
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I would adress the issue to her not hubby we would have a sit down let out meeting and then if she doesnt respect your wishes then scream and fit throw....alot of states has put that stuff in divorce papersd now...its a state thing so read...she might be breaking a rule... 

My3beautys
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:08 AM
I smoke and I don't think it's okay, I have an attached garage and I go in there to smoke, or out on my front porch . Just because I smoke doesn't mean my kids have to breath in that smoke.
la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I'm very anti smoking so yes I would have a huge problem with that! It's selfish and terrible.

Emily123456
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:58 AM
No I don't I smoke but I don't smoke in the house r car r around the kids
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)