Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

How dare she spank my child!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 242 Replies
2 moms liked this

My sil was already on my last nerve but now she's about to get her ass kicked. Why? When my 2yo daughter was at her house yesterday afternoon, she SPANKED her! What did she spank her with? A leather belt! AND, why did she spank her? Because she wouldn't share. Really. She wouldn't share a toy she had brought to sil's house with sil's 6yo. First, why would a 6yo want a 2yo's toy? Second, is not sharing, and let's face it, 2yos don't really "get" sharing to start with, a spankable offense? Third, WTF is she using a BELT to spank her? And, most importantly, she knows that *I* don't spank!

What do you think? Do you spank? Would you be pissed if someone else spanked your toddler?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:31 AM
4 moms liked this

Wow, that's f'd up. YES, I spank, but only with bare hand and only if it's something serious, like running out in the street in front of traffic or something like that. I've spanked maybe 5x in 12yrs of my kid's life. I'd be VERY pissed if someone DARED lay a hand on my 2yo!

TimetoMomUp
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:32 AM
10 moms liked this

If any of my five SIL's spanked my child with a belt, I'd call the police.  Some people may think that is ridiculous but I think hitting a defenseless two year old (that isn't even your child) with a object is criminal behavior. 

MamaBear1978
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:36 AM
3 moms liked this
We do not spank in our home. My in laws do. Last summer our kiddos stayed with the grandparents for a couple of weeks. Apparently my oldest daughter became frustrated with her youngest siblings and yelled at them to leave her alone. I'm not sure what exactly happend next but then I guess she got yelled at for yelling and then mouthed off by saying well can you please make them leave me alone. My fil threatend to beat my 12 year old daughter with a belt if she didn't stop being disrespectful.
Thankfully things didn't escalate any further from there but I don't think they will be going back this summer. Hitting my children is not ok, hitting my children with objects will send me over the edge.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I have swatted her behind with my hand when she tried sticking something in an electrical outlet, but that's it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow, that's f'd up. YES, I spank, but only with bare hand and only if it's something serious, like running out in the street in front of traffic or something like that. I've spanked maybe 5x in 12yrs of my kid's life. I'd be VERY pissed if someone DARED lay a hand on my 2yo!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:26 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm really considering it. I believe in spanking, but not with a belt.

Quoting TimetoMomUp:

If any of my five SIL's spanked my child with a belt, I'd call the police.  Some people may think that is ridiculous but I think hitting a defenseless two year old (that isn't even your child) with a object is criminal behavior. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad things didn't escalate. I think it's par for the course for 12yos to mouth off, but I don't think spanking is the answer for that.

Quoting MamaBear1978:

We do not spank in our home. My in laws do. Last summer our kiddos stayed with the grandparents for a couple of weeks. Apparently my oldest daughter became frustrated with her youngest siblings and yelled at them to leave her alone. I'm not sure what exactly happend next but then I guess she got yelled at for yelling and then mouthed off by saying well can you please make them leave me alone. My fil threatend to beat my 12 year old daughter with a belt if she didn't stop being disrespectful.
Thankfully things didn't escalate any further from there but I don't think they will be going back this summer. Hitting my children is not ok, hitting my children with objects will send me over the edge.

Marimaru
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:48 PM
2 moms liked this

I swat my daughter's butt, with my hand, and not that hard.  I would be livid if I found out someone else did it, and I would be raising bloody hell if I found out someone hit her with a belt.

laparla
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:14 PM
5 moms liked this

Nobody should spank someone else's child without the parent's permission.

PISCIS29
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Press charges. What does dh say ???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd be fucking FURIOUS!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)