Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How dare she spank my child!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My sil was already on my last nerve but now she's about to get her ass kicked. Why? When my 2yo daughter was at her house yesterday afternoon, she SPANKED her! What did she spank her with? A leather belt! AND, why did she spank her? Because she wouldn't share. Really. She wouldn't share a toy she had brought to sil's house with sil's 6yo. First, why would a 6yo want a 2yo's toy? Second, is not sharing, and let's face it, 2yos don't really "get" sharing to start with, a spankable offense? Third, WTF is she using a BELT to spank her? And, most importantly, she knows that *I* don't spank!

What do you think? Do you spank? Would you be pissed if someone else spanked your toddler?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Replies (231-240):
mamav2215
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:08 PM

i don't like spanking at all. and i definitely don't like spanking with another object. i'd have a chat with her. 

adi29
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Fuck yes. Call the cops on your sil for child abuse. She how she likes it!
allabouttheleos
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:23 PM

I'd be in jail for beating the crap out of my SIL! Touch my kid...with ANYTHING, you're gonna have a big problem...ME!

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Spanking fine w/any object hell no.

Sister_Someone
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:43 PM

I would be left hooking someone if they did that to my toddler, and then I would be calling the police.

Actually, I have once left hooked someone because she spanked my 3-year-old at the playground. I used to consider that woman kind of a friend. So, the friend was sitting in the sand playing with them and I'd gotten up to take a phone call, but I was still watching them.

My son was in his "I want that and I want it five minutes ago" phase and he took some stupid sand shovel thing from her daughter. I saw it just before I hang up, and I was going back there to call my son in time-out. But alas, I didn't have time. She grabbed him by his little arms, held them up above his head and swatted him a good three or four times. And she hit STRONG. I could hear it and I wasn't even that close.

Naturally, my poor baby started crying and I just lost every reasonable judgment. I ran back there and asked her what the hell she thinks she's doing. She said "Well, he deserved it." That got me. My fist connected with her face before I even realized what the hell I was doing. I told her that she deserved that for hitting someone too small to defend himself.

In retrospect, it was one of the dumber things I ever did. I was a broke student and could not afford a lost lawsuit, but I couldn't control myself. 

felicia0387
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Oh hell no!!!! i am a FIRM believer in spanking, however i would never spank a child that is not mine, especially if i did not ave permission. I wold of went off and probably slapped her!!!!

cheetah90210
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:50 PM
I'd kill her
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:18 AM
I only spank if they are being dangerous to themselves or others.
My fil spanked my 2 and a half year old yesterday for picking flowers. FROM the grass. Weeds really but he said don't and she .loves flowers so she picked one for me. He spanked her and left WELPS. I was LIVID. I told him he ever touches her again and he will find his a** in jail. You do not harm my child. She is little and she didn't understand that his(weeds) were flowers to not touch. He could have led her away or something. What he did is wrong and warrants him NEVER watching her again. She is a toddler!
I was spanked as a child and I was terrified of my parents and promised I was not going to be them. And before anyone asks, my children are very behaved. I have 4 all under 10 years old. I get compliments from people all the time on their good behavior :)
crrodgers29
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I've given my nephew a swat on butt. He likes to punch guys in balls and my sil or bil wouldn't make him quit, or they would put him in his room with his tv and movies. He punched my dh in a store and I have him a smack. He won't hit my dh anymore but did hit my fil so hard it made him cry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Sep. 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM

That is completely wrong of her! She shouldn't be spanking when she's not allowed to.

Yes, I spanked. Not anymore as my children are too old, but I did.

I am honestly tired of the spanking debate though. Most parents that are so appalled at spanking aren't opposed to drugging the hell out of their "uncontrollable" child. Most times kids just need a good spanking. Not to say your child did, but just a general observation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)