Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Hypothetical question...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

Poll

Question: Your opinion?

Options:

I feel the same as you do!

She did nothing wrong!

Other - please explain!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 43

View Results

Lets say youre in your son's Kindergarten class for a program and a lady pops her boob out ( fully exposed) around about 20 families, would you be okay with it? Im not talking about not covering or BF in the other room or bathroom. I mean the lady was standing there basically topless!!!

Thankfully my kids didnt see anything. They happened to be facing the other way but there were plenty who did see.. I found it disturbing and completely disrespectful that she did it.

Your thoughts??

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I think she should have covered with a light blanket.  I don't think a woman should be told to bf her baby in a restroom.  I wouldn't say disturbing or disrespectful but a blanket should definately be used in public

honeydewmommy
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM

On purpose???? Or accident, if accident, it happens. Either way I would have walked up to her and been like and whispered that she popped out of her shirt. 

sweetr0se
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:11 PM

They have indecient exposure laws for a reason!

TimetoMomUp
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I struggle on this one.  I don't think a woman should have to breastfeed in a bathroom, that is gross.   I don't feed my five year old in the bathroom.  I don't think there is anything wrong with publicly feeding your child.  I am not sure about the fully exposed breast but on the other hand, it is the natural way to feed a baby so how is it wrong?  I guess I lean most toward "she did nothing wrong."

unspecified42
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Was she breast feeding but not to your liking or just letting her boob hang out for fun? I'm confused.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Snowpuma
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Yeah.....

Quoting unspecified42:

Was she breast feeding but not to your liking or just letting her boob hang out for fun? I'm confused.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EyEmTuRtLe
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I don't mind others that BF regardless of where they are but at least cover up a little. 

Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:20 PM
The way just understood you was: she was not breast feeding, just standing there topless?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:28 PM

What? Why did she pop her boob out? Was she breastfeeding or what?

Marimaru
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I think she could have been more discreet about it.  I won't cover my baby's head, but I'll put a blanket or a sweater over my chest so that I can be sure nothing is exposed except the place where my baby is latched, which of course is covered by my baby.  I also try to find a quiet corner.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)