Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

men's work / women's work

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Who mows the yard/lawn at your house?

Why?

I'll answer as the first reply.

Just curious, thanks, ladies. :-)

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Replies (101-105):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I have just enough OC that it's not a D for me. lol  I'm pretty miticulous (sp), but I try not to go overboard or expect others (kids especially, but dh too usually) to do things MY way. ;-)

I find it soothing too; b/c I can't hear anybody when the mower is on. ;-)

Quoting thefiregoddess:

SO does. He finds it 'soothing'.

I help sometimes, I find it satiates my OCD to get EVERY blade of grass the same height lol.

my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
My dh mows the lawn.
d1_dawn
by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it is great how you have worked things out to fit your lifestyle and love for each other that's how great relationships are! Mowing is not much fun but remember to take off your shoes and run barefoot through the grass that's one of the pay offs. Smile enjoy the sunshine.

soy_latte
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:08 AM
I do.

Same with the rest of the yard work, taking garbage to the dump, cleaning the garage, hanging pictures, putting beds together, etc. I was a major princess before I met DF and I had never done any of those. I literally would not have. That doesn't really work out now because I want them done and he isn't going to do them for me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 7, 2013 at 8:01 AM
I'm happy for you that you can do that kind of thing for yourself!
We just work things out so our kids are taken care of. I do the mowing; he does the laundry. lol

Quoting soy_latte:

I do.

Same with the rest of the yard work, taking garbage to the dump, cleaning the garage, hanging pictures, putting beds together, etc. I was a major princess before I met DF and I had never done any of those. I literally would not have. That doesn't really work out now because I want them done and he isn't going to do them for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)