Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Are child-free people unfairly judged?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

Do you think people who don't want kids are clueless about what they're missing out on or do you think that having kids isn't for everyone?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not for everyone.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

BookMama3
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM
I don't think it's for everyone, same with marriage or relationships. Different people want different things in life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Yep, people judge them and should not. Soooooooo many people have kids and should not.
Marimaru
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Definitely not for everyone, and I commend anyone who figures that out before they have kids.

Mom2wife1
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I agree.

Quoting jillbailey26:

It's not for everyone.

nodramamama311
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:36 PM
3 moms liked this
I say if you don't want them, don't have them. I don't see why it's a bad thing to not want children. Not everyone has that emotional need.

Sometimes I want to give mine back...LOL!! NOT REALLY JUST KIDDING! But y'all know what I mean.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HappyMommyToo
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Its not the right time sometimes, also not for everyone.
HunnyBabie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I think both that there are ppl who should NOT have children (this becomes very apparent when those ppl do) and that having kids isn't for everyone.

I thought this was more going to be about when ppl who don't have children talk about children, etc.  Most ppl I know who don't have children and talk about it, don't know what they're talking about (obviously) and usually judge ppl with children unfairly (b/c they don't know what they're talking about).

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I was a single Mom for most of my kids lives. They are very aware of what is involved in having a child. The responsibilities, etc. My son waited until he was 30 before having children. My daughter is 30 now, and she and her fiance' don't think they want kids. She does not think she's ready to give herself up for a baby.

Babies aren't for everyone. They are life changing, and if you're totally happy in your lifestyle why would you change it?

catchup29
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

My DD, 23 has known since she was a teenager that she doesn't want children.  Her DH also.  She was exposed to young children and the realities of being a parent very young.  Its not for her.  I dont' think she is missing out on anything at all.  I applaud her for knowing and not just having a child because she thinks that is what she is supposed to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)