Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Are child-free people unfairly judged?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Do you think people who don't want kids are clueless about what they're missing out on or do you think that having kids isn't for everyone?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Replies (31-40):
SWasson
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:43 PM

I think having kids isn't for everyone. As long as my childless friends don't act as if they know about parenting, it's all good.

som610
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I think its not for everyone.

BUT they are missing out, if they know it or not.. hehe

CrossStitchMum
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:19 PM

It goes in waves. my Aunty lost her parents and her only sister before she was 30. Shes gone on to have 9 children and her eldest doesnt want any at all

gammie
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Having kids is not for everyone !!

Momabear455
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I  think they are clueless to what they are missing. I had a friend that was addament about not having children and I could not imagine her having a child.  But once she did she was a totally differant person. I think some people aren't ready for children, but it's sad if they choose not to have them at all.

dalbax2
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

It's a personal choice.  There are ALOT of people who have kids that shouldn't, in my opinion.  The people who don't want kids have obviously thought about their decision and feel it is right for them.

Its.me.Sam.
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:47 PM

sometimes i think so... i mean some of the comments in this post are a little bit.. i dunno.. condescending or belittling about it... even tho they say "to each their own" they go on to add,,, but "they dont know what theyre missing" etc.
 people seem to think that everyone SHOULD want kids.  not everyone does.  doesnt make them better or worse people or lacking in love and purpose than people who do want kids/have kids.

SinaiJ
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I have close friends that are child free and I greatly respect them for it. They CHOOSE not to have children rather than have children and aren't into being parents. I think they are unfairly judged at times as people think it's because they hate children. My friends have never had a problem being around my boys, they even play with them/have thought of them and bought little gifts for them. They just don't want any children of their own and I respect that.

thatgirl70
by Carin on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:13 PM

It's not for everyone and I can understand that not everyone wants kids. But I admit it's harder for me to relate to someone without kids, or even kids who have grown and left home. I mean I'm closer in age to my oldest SIL, but both her kids are their 20s (one is married with two kids of her own) while my son is 6. I can't relate to her at all, but I can relate to her daughter, who's much younger than me, but she has kids closer to my son's age.

HiDi
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:13 PM

It seems so depending;upon, what literature the person ti's exposed to from this proposed question. A kaleidoscope of reasons justify with fairness why there ti's childless couples;and, yes, they are needed for is there not a balance to this equation to those who do bear fruitfully a honorable roll as 'parenthood'. One will find 'along life's path'.Those childless couples ;just, might 'end -up' adopting children should they desire &  care to  do so. Thank you for a most 'rewarding Cafe Mom question' !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN