Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

"I swear I am NEVER DOING THIS WITH THE KIDS AGAIN."

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:05 PM
  • 11 Replies

Who else has said this (out loud or to yourself) after a particularly painful excursion or activity involving your kids? For me, it's the time I took both of my boys to a doctor appointment together and basically lost my mind by the time we were done. "I swear I am never doing that again!" I cackled to the woman who took my copay at the desk. I may have even posted it on Facebook.

But of course, some time later, it's like my memory was wiped clean. "Oh, I can bring them both in for that vaccine appointment at the same time," I heard myself telling the receptionist. "Sure, pencil them both in."

Please tell me I am not the only mom who does this. I worry I might drag my kids out to the supermarket after dinner tonight, which is a similarly bad idea. Someone talk me down!!

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2wife1
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I do this all the time! Definelty after doctor appointments, grocery shopping, eating at a restaurant, and road trips! I have 2 girls that are 17 months apart. They love eachother for about 5 minutes a day and fight for the rest of the time. 

Cafe Amanda
by Head Admin on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I did it. I went to the supermarket with them, AND out to dinner first, but I managed to rope my ex in to accompany us so at least I had an extra set of hands briefly to manage the insanity. :P

Mine are 2 years apart and the stretches where they get along and play nicely are getting longer, but when you throw in a change of scenery, all bets are off!

Karopie_99
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:10 AM
I do this to myself all the time. My daughters are almost 5 and 19months old. My almost 5 yr old feels the need to touch everything and act like everything is a playplace for her. Which when she acts up she has the 3 strikes your out rule. She isn't loud or super obnoxious but it gets irritatingly, if she continues to act up I leave my cart where it is and we leave the store. There was once for her 3rd birthday party I went to the store to buy her party decorations/supplies and she was acting up badly we left a whole carriage of her own party stuff behind. She was upset, but I explianed to her its either listen and behave or we don't go. My 19 month old will not sit in a carriage. Wo I have to carry her through the whole store. And I'm pregnant, so long trips even short trips can be a challnge. I try to do all my errands when daddy is home and go as a family or go by myself
Courtney610
by Courtney on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I say it every time we fly.
Stephd710
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I took my 2 year old twins to a birthday party that took place at a huge indoor play zone.  There were alot of other people there besides our party so I didnt want to let them wander around alone, but trying to corral them both and dealing with them running in opposite directions, was exhausting. Not to mention most of the kids were bigger so they kept getting knocked over in the bounce houses and freaking out. 

sunflower37
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I say it every time we travel somewhere my 11 year old is just outrageous.

TimetoMomUp
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I do this every single time we attempt to dine at a sit-down restaurant.  LOL

luvhugz08
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I hate taking all mine at same time..I once ask the nurse if they had a newly sharpen scalpel...she ask why I said suicide..she thought i was serious she sent the doctor in to talk to me about depression!!! 

honeydewmommy
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:44 AM

LOL all the time! Its either, Lets go to the store together , where he loses his dang mind and runs around like he has a fire in his butt. Or yes I don't mind if he comes with me to my Dr appt, or he will be an angel if we just take him with us to the Outback to eat. Or better yet, Yes I am sure today you will sit still in church and you don't need to go to church day care...sheesh not gonna happen, Pleasseeee...you would think I would learn right??

gammie
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I took my twins everywhere this how they learn about life.

i was always asked how do you get your kids to behave? I just said the rules are the same for inside our home and when we go out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)