Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

unbelievable!!

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM
  • 11 Replies

What a crazy ass night. I was cooking soup for my dh cause he really wanted some for dinner. He went out to buy the ingredients so I been cooking this for about 2 hrs when all of a sudden the glass lid on the pot just popped and I turn around and see glass all over the counter, stove and  floor. I was in a state of shock and pissed off. The dinner was ruined and I started tearing up and my dh was shocked and told me he felt bad it happened. I was in disbelief and then realized I was lucky I walked away from the stove that second cause I could of been hurt. Well I told dh to come help me clean it up while i started sweeping and he tells me that he'll help me once im done sweeping so he can clean up the counter and stove. Well as I was sweeping glass out i looked up and he sat down continued watching TV with our ds which made me feel he felt lazy to come into the kitchen righ away, it just seemed he was taking his time. That made me annoyed and ended up telling him that he didnt care  to come up and help me and just wanted to watch TV. He got upset I said this and started literally yelling at me from the couch for straight 5 min.I was so upset he yelled and told him to stop yelling at me and I was even more sad and upset cause it was unreasonable. We ended up arguing more. We then talked it out but I am just so disappointed cause I felt like he didnt care, I guess he didnt deserve it thats why! I am also wondering that this shouldnt happen  to a lid when cooking and someone can get injured. It wasnt cheap either and it was poor quality! Im so  disappointed.

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this
He said he would help when you were done sweeping. Why did you yell at him? After that I wouldn't have helped you at all. Actually, I would have cleaned it myself anyway. Sounds like a super silly argument that escalated. How old are you and how long married. Men think very differently than we do. You started it by being annoyed with something out of your control and being annoyed with your dh for no reason. You didn't give him a chance to help after you swept and got annoyed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Sounds like you were having a bad day.  Things like that happen.

stargaze281
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:29 AM
I know but I didn't yell I just firmly said that to him but then he yelled when he answered me.

Quoting Anonymous:

He said he would help when you were done sweeping. Why did you yell at him? After that I wouldn't have helped you at all. Actually, I would have cleaned it myself anyway. Sounds like a super silly argument that escalated. How old are you and how long married. Men think very differently than we do. You started it by being annoyed with something out of your control and being annoyed with your dh for no reason. You didn't give him a chance to help after you swept and got annoyed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:31 AM
I said yelling wasn't right but you didn't need to get mad at him in the first place.

Quoting stargaze281:

I know but I didn't yell I just firmly said that to him but then he yelled when he answered me.

Quoting Anonymous:

PinkButterfly66
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Most manufactures have switched formulas for glass cookware from borosilicate glass to tempered soda lime.  I had a pyrex measuring cup shatter on me.  I was heating up gravy in the microwave.  It shattered as soon as I set it on the counter.  I have quartz counter tops and I guess the sudden change in temperature caused it. But there have been reports of glass bakeware shattering in the oven too.  You have to hunt to find bakeware made with borosilicate glass, but you can still find it.  

sunflower37
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I am just glad you weren't injured. Some men take their time doing the littlest things I know because my husband is the king of I'll help you baby in a minute. If I sit there and wait for him to do something it will never get done.

luvhugz08
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:03 AM

just my opinion but shouldn't you clean counter before sweeping...even though you would want to sweep before and after just to double check...It happens men and women see so differently at times..i would research the kind that busted see if its had a recall 

berlgirl1224
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:07 AM
This. But it sounds like an argument that got out if control, you were both pissed about what happened. It's over now, so don't worry about. Kiss and make up

Quoting luvhugz08:

just my opinion but shouldn't you clean counter before sweeping...even though you would want to sweep before and after just to double check...It happens men and women see so differently at times..i would research the kind that busted see if its had a recall 

stargaze281
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Yeah I got that  stupid pot at 'home goods' months ago, but I know now that I am not buying pots and pans with glass lids ever again.

Quoting luvhugz08:

stargaze281
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Thanks. My dh only helps if I tell him to but does take his time to get up

Quoting sunflower37:

I am just glad you weren't injured. Some men take their time doing the littlest things I know because my husband is the king of I'll help you baby in a minute. If I sit there and wait for him to do something it will never get done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)