Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What a crazy ass night. I was cooking soup for my dh cause he really wanted some for dinner. He went out to buy the ingredients so I been cooking this for about 2 hrs when all of a sudden the glass lid on the pot just popped and I turn around and see glass all over the counter, stove and  floor. I was in a state of shock and pissed off. The dinner was ruined and I started tearing up and my dh was shocked and told me he felt bad it happened. I was in disbelief and then realized I was lucky I walked away from the stove that second cause I could of been hurt. Well I told dh to come help me clean it up while i started sweeping and he tells me that he'll help me once im done sweeping so he can clean up the counter and stove. Well as I was sweeping glass out i looked up and he sat down continued watching TV with our ds which made me feel he felt lazy to come into the kitchen righ away, it just seemed he was taking his time. That made me annoyed and ended up telling him that he didnt care  to come up and help me and just wanted to watch TV. He got upset I said this and started literally yelling at me from the couch for straight 5 min.I was so upset he yelled and told him to stop yelling at me and I was even more sad and upset cause it was unreasonable. We ended up arguing more. We then talked it out but I am just so disappointed cause I felt like he didnt care, I guess he didnt deserve it thats why! I am also wondering that this shouldnt happen  to a lid when cooking and someone can get injured. It wasnt cheap either and it was poor quality! Im so  disappointed.

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Replies (11-11):
GirlWithANikon
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:46 PM

You sound really sensitive and like you picked the fight with DH why didnt you just sweep and then go trade off LO one let him do the counters like he sugessted?

Glass lids and dishes like that exploded when they have been improperly cared for or used. they all have max temps, should never be laid on counters or cool surfaces while hot as it created fractures you cannot see and they explode, shouldn't be stacked and slammed, are usually not dishwasher safe, etc. Heating and cooling can be hard on glass. It happens to pyrex users a lot I once read when they were doing recalls because no one properly cares for them. Lead them to use some different, safer kind of glass in eurpoe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)