Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Venting please only nice responses and responses that can give me support "UPDATE"

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:17 AM
  • 23 Replies

VENTING please dont respond negatively

So im extremely stressed out guys i dont know if you guys know but my husband has had interview after interview and no call backs he has gone to the temp agency but no work for him this has been since november well we are short 50.00 for rent and we just got a notice in the mail for our garbage bill with his 38.00 im so stressed right now which is the last thing i need because my son is having heart surgery on the 9th of next month and he will be recovering for a week
im having trouble sleeping because im stressing about finances and im stressing out because of his heart surgery my blood pressure is extremely high that my dr saying im at risk of a stroke and i have already had a severe anxiety attack that mimicked a heart attack and i was in the hospital 

i just needed to talk guys im sorry 

UPDATE: had alot of people asking these questions so heres the replys

ok so heres how it goes, im on disability i dont like revealing that but alot of people have asked why im not working or trying to get a job, we do get food stamps but since with the food stamps from dshs and my ssa which is only 600.00 apparently we have to high of a monthly income to get denied for state aide

the unemployment thing my husband keeps applying they keep denying he even took it to court and it was denied again.

my husbands father is a pastor the church helps us with non food stuff like, diapers. wipes, toliet paper, women hygiene products, ect 

ive done everything i can

the landlord thing that some are asking about i have a slum lord he doesnt care about anything repairing his houses or anything if something is wrong with the house he will do anything to try and blame his tenants, if he found out my husband lost his job he would try nd find a reason to evict us we cant let him know trust me he wouldnt care. if we didnt like where we lived we would try to find a different place to live and we are considering that when he finds a job trust me

Like my baby boys CHD awareness page https://www.facebook.com/CHDEliasPierceStory

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Saharra
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Boy, I understand your stress! And the only thing I can really tell you is that even though there is no light at the end of the tunnel yet, it will come, and it will have been worth the wait.
My Dh and I have been through some major tough spots. Two years ago his employer called and let him go because he was low-man on the totem pole and they were ready to start slowing down in the factory. While we were crazy with worry about it, we knew our God had a plan for it. And then.... The next day our landlord called and said he would like to sell our house. Yeah... Here's where we had a choice. We could sit back... Worry... And not help our landlord. Our we could step up and figure it out..... To top all this off, I'm a diabetic and DH is asthmatic and we were loosing our health coverage.
Well, we had been praying for YEARS about a position as caretakers at a local campground. (8 to be exact). Now we were hearing rumors that the people in the position might be let go. So we set back and prayed about it. Hubby opened his own mechanic shop in this time because he did already have it on the back burner for friends and family and they were recommending him to their friends and family, so it made sense. Not enough to make a living off of with all the major medical.
But anyway, we continued to show the house for the landlord as best we could. And we interviewed for the job as caretakers of the camp... And WE GOT IT! 2 months later. But, the current caretakers had 6 months to move out. By the time they did... And we had to re-do the ENTIRE inside of the camp house (painting, new flooring, windows were approved, excetra), our current house had sold. We talked to the person buying the house and they said we could stay in it until October. (This all started in January). September ended, and.... We were homeless with two little boys. Our new house wasn't ready yet. So, the camps treasurer has a vacation home out here and said we could stay there until the camp house was ready. So for a full month, we lived out of boxes in his house. It was a hard blessing, but it was still a blessing. And we finally got our caretaker position at the camp. Moved out from renting a house. Still have no insurance, but our medical bills (which average a house payment each month) were taken care of through not having a house payment with the camp house.... It has been a HUGE blessing. Now if one of us ends up in the hospital, we may have some trouble, but it's all good.
God really does work things out, it's just a matter of trust and patience. You can do this! To top all of this off, someone stepped in (and I have a guess of the people it was, but I'm unsure), and payed our last months rent because there was no way we could have done it. And, the camp had donors that stepped up and helped with all the costs of putting the house together. It has been a true miracle that we made it through that year. That's not to say it wasn't a rough year, but that everything (my husband loosing his job, loosing our medical coverage, loosing our home) worked out for good. And I can promise you, it WILL work out. It's just a major hiccup in your plans. I'm praying for you!!!
Narwa
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:47 AM
Ty
momto3B
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:54 AM

That is an extremely tought postion to be in and I am very sorry to hear it.  As tough as it is, you need to find a way to keep yourself healthy.

Best wishes, and lean on those who love and support you. You need your village right now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:01 AM

High blood pressure is caused by excess weight and excess eating. You need to take steps to keep yourself fit & healthy if you hope to stay around long enough to raise your son.

marmie41
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Try not to stress your son and husband need you. Try your local churches. They might have progams in place that can help with your bills. Hugs mom it will work out. Will keep you son and his upcoming surgery in my prayers.
Lovemybabieslnb
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:11 AM

It's hard getting a job out there. It took me forever to land one. Has he tried going to those labor ready places? I know it doesn't happen to a lot of people. But I know a couple people that used them And they got hired on with the company. Just try and breathe. It's hard, but things will get better :) 

boys2men2soon
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Right now, your son's health and yours are your top priorities.    If you haven't done so, reach out for help from family, friends and charitable organizations.      Don't be afraid to explain the situation to your landlord,  he/she will perhaps give you a break for a little while.      

Maybe your Dh can offer his services to the landlord to get a break in rent?  He can offer to do yard work, paint, handyman type things in exchange.      He can also offer the same services to others to earn  a little cash.

Keep your chin up.   Good Luck!

opal10161973
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

My ex had to move in with me right before I gave birth to my youngest (not his) and he did that for our landlord in exchange for rent. 

OP- there is also a barter section on Craigslist and sometimes you can offer services on there too, not just the services page.  You would be surprised at what you can do and people will pay for.  Even pet sitting or child care that is temporary.  In FL, it's legal to watch another child without any type of certification, as long as it is only one or one family. 

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Right now, your son's health and yours are your top priorities.    If you haven't done so, reach out for help from family, friends and charitable organizations.      Don't be afraid to explain the situation to your landlord,  he/she will perhaps give you a break for a little while.      

Maybe your Dh can offer his services to the landlord to get a break in rent?  He can offer to do yard work, paint, handyman type things in exchange.      He can also offer the same services to others to earn  a little cash.

Keep your chin up.   Good Luck!

SeabeeWife2011
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Try applying for unemployment until your hubby lands a good job. It's not much but can help with bills
oscarsmom70
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Sending you hugs & encouragement!  Praying that God will provide, protect and comfort you all through this time . . .. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)